• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess not at practice today

Jeremy Igo

Funchess is literally the only receiver on our roster who can play the "X" receiver position. Has the size and quickness to beat press coverage on short routes while also the straight line speed to go down the sideline. I know we're all jonesing for Curtis Samuel and DJ Moore lining up wide opposite each other, but whichever one has the defenses best press corner on them won't be able to do a damn thing. Funchess is important because if nothing else, he draws the other team's best DB. 

2 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

Funchess is literally the only receiver on our roster who can play the "X" receiver position. Has the size and quickness to beat press coverage on short routes while also the straight line speed to go down the sideline. I know we're all jonesing for Curtis Samuel and DJ Moore lining up wide opposite each other, but whichever one has the defenses best press corner on them won't be able to do a damn thing. Funchess is important because if nothing else, he draws the other team's best DB. 

Go home Ron, you're drunk.

Getting stuck on these outdated antiquated ideas of who fits what role in the offense is why this staff needs to go. This isn't the NFL of the '80s anymore. This staff would probably have Tyreke Hill just handling return duties and getting 25ish snaps per game at WR because he doesn't look like what they picture as a featured outside WR.

Funchess sucks. He's literally the only receiver on the roster who has me holding my breath when when a perfectly thrown ball is coming his way when he's wide open. Dude looks like an uncoordinated toddler trying to catch a tennis ball.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Go home Ron, you're drunk.

Getting stuck on these outdated antiquated ideas of who fits what role in the offense is why this staff needs to go. This isn't the NFL of the '80s anymore. This staff would probably have Tyreke Hill just handling return duties and getting 25ish snaps per game at WR because he doesn't look like what they picture as a featured outside WR.

Funchess sucks. He's literally the only receiver on the roster who has me holding my breath when when a perfectly thrown ball is coming his way when he's wide open. Dude looks like an uncoordinated toddler trying to catch a tennis ball.

The Rams and Chiefs don't have a bunch of midget receivers either, Tyreek Hill is just one. Chris Conley is 6'3" and Cooper Kupp is 6'2". There's a reason Payton has been trying to find a veteran receiver with size too, you need a guy like that on the field who can still be productive while drawing the other team's best press corner.

5 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

The Rams and Chiefs don't have a bunch of midget receivers either, Tyreek Hill is just one. Chris Conley is 6'3" and Cooper Kupp is 6'2". There's a reason Payton has been trying to find a veteran receiver with size too, you need a guy like that on the field who can still be productive while drawing the other team's best press corner.

The saints score about 80 points a game. I hope that big receiver will allow their offense to truly flourish 

2 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

Kupp is on IR. I don't care about measurables once a guy is in the league. He can either play or he can't. Funchess can't create separation and even when he's the beneficiary of a blown coverage he can't reliable catch the ball when he's wide ass open. Honestly, at this point all he's doing is getting in the way of our younger, better, far higher potential receivers getting more opportunities. 

Just now, joeyxfresco said:

Didn’t his cousin pass before the Eagles game? I remember one of the local writers saying he missed the funeral due to the traveling from the team that week. They might be giving him a makeup day to be with family before Thanksgiving 

man now you tryin to make us all feel bad.

he still can't catch

seems like there's been some mental problems all season.  Remember earlier when he didn't reach for that pass on the sideline and Cam was caught on camera telling him to reach?  

Then last Sunday.. 

And defensive tweets.

Starting to sound very Kelvinish.  And all this in a contract year with first and second round WR's balling out all around him.

8 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

seems like there's been some mental problems all season.  Remember earlier when he didn't reach for that pass on the sideline and Cam was caught on camera telling him to reach?  

Then last Sunday.. 

And defensive tweets.

Starting to sound very Kelvinish.  And all this in a contract year with first and second round WR's balling out all around him.

Yep. Can't wait to cut bait on this guy. At least KB waited until after he was gone to go full bitch mode.

He's a young guy with a lot riding on his shoulders. He just came off of the worst game of his career, if not his life. A fellow either gets his head on straight and comes back much better than before and more dedicated to improving, or he never comes back from it. I hope he's taking the day and the holiday to get grounded and ready to work.

I'd hate for anyone to be as vicious to me after I screwed up as our fans are being to him.

Archived