• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here you share a Thanksgiving Day tip or recipe

Jeremy Igo

On 11/22/2018 at 8:32 AM, Murph said:

The Mrs. and I had a good old fashioned spat last night. Probably the worst all year. All my kids quietly went to there rooms and closed their doors while we went at it. Now I have to spend all day at her family's house. Lovely. 

My tip, choose your battles and it's best to avoid them on the eve of a holiday. At least there will be an abundance of beer available. 

Need an update, did you get a lot of quiet stares from the family or did your wife keep it to herself but everyone knew somethjng was up?

if you're oven-roasting your turkey, then you'll want to spatchcock it.  

Normal turkey roasting is going to be 3+ hours (depending on the size of your bird, of course - could be significantly longer).  Removing the backbone of the bird allows you to spread the bird flat in the roasting pan, removing the empty airspace, and allowing the dark meat to cook in a more reasonable pace vs always having the white meat overcooked when the dark meat is still raw.  Season/oil the bird however you normally do, and pop it in the over at 450.  It'll cook in (roughly) 4 minutes per pound, your mileage may vary, keep a thermometer handy, check it every 5-10 minutes after the first 30.  (A 12lb bird cooks in about 45-50 minutes, more or less.)    

For salad:

• Dragon kale, torn into bite-sized pieces
  • shaved Brussels
  • cranberries
  • toasted almond slices
  • parm cheese
  • bacon bits
  • lemon vinaigrette dressing

On 11/24/2018 at 1:31 PM, jfra78 said:

Need an update, did you get a lot of quiet stares from the family or did your wife keep it to herself but everyone knew somethjng was up?

It went well considering. We both woke up with cooler heads and enjoyed the holiday. But of course Murphy's law happened. Late that night after the alcohol wore off I drove us home in her truck with a horrible hangover headache and I was so anxious to get inside the house for Advil that I rubbed her front corner panel on the side of the garage entrance.

fug me

1 hour ago, Murph said:

It went well considering. We both woke up with cooler heads and enjoyed the holiday. But of course Murphy's law happened. Late that night after the alcohol wore off I drove us home in her truck with a horrible hangover headache and I was so anxious to get inside the house for Advil that I rubbed her front corner panel on the side of the garage entrance.

fug me

poo happens, could be worse. glad you had a good thanksgiving

Archived