• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here you share a Thanksgiving Day tip or recipe

Jeremy Igo

Thanksgiving with the family as normal. 

Buuuut wait there is more, a bushel of Chesapeake oysters over four days for the borther in law and myself. 

Shuck em and eat em boys!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  

Except Fun "No Hands" Fun because word on the street is he dropped the cranberry sauce all up on his grandma's new rug. 

The Mrs. and I had a good old fashioned spat last night. Probably the worst all year. All my kids quietly went to there rooms and closed their doors while we went at it. Now I have to spend all day at her family's house. Lovely. 

My tip, choose your battles and it's best to avoid them on the eve of a holiday. At least there will be an abundance of beer available. 

22 hours ago, Johnny Rockets said:

I tried some Butternut shells for the first time a couple weeks ago at an Italian place and thought it was one of the best things ever. After 1 and a half I had had enough. Just got too sweet for me but they sure would good at first. 

and who cooks Italian on Thanksgiving? What's wrong with a damn turkey?

It goes with Turkey. Best side at the Holiday

5 hours ago, Murph said:

The Mrs. and I had a good old fashioned spat last night. Probably the worst all year. All my kids quietly went to there rooms and closed their doors while we went at it. Now I have to spend all day at her family's house. Lovely. 

My tip, choose your battles and it's best to avoid them on the eve of a holiday. At least there will be an abundance of beer available. 

So no Thanksgiving BJ? 

19 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Put 2-3 pounds (head-on weight) of peeled shrimp in a pot of boiling water ever so lightly spiked with crab boil and salt. (Don't over do the crab boil or it will over-power the dish. 1 TBSP is enough)

Put the shrimp in the pot for 2 minutes, then remove to cool down. Cut them in small bite sized pieces. Set aside. (They will finish cooking in the oven)

Cut 8 Merliton in half length ways. Use a carrot peeler to skin the outside of the Merlitons. Put them in the shrimp water to boil until fork tender. Take them out to cool down. Discard (or eat) the seed, they taste great. Cut up the Merliton into tiny bite sized pieces. Set aside.

Finely chop about 2-3 ounces of Tasso. (I run thru a food processor until shredded). Set aside.

Dice up:

• 1 large yellow onion
  • 3 sticks celery
  • 1/2 green bell pepper
  • 2 toes of garlic
  • 2 bay leaves

In a large skillet, melt a stick of unsalted butter.

Add the onions, celery, bell pepper and bay leaves and saute for about 4-5 minutes over medium high heat, stir often.

Add the Tasso and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes, stir often.

Add about a Tbsp of Kosher Salt and black pepper to taste. Stir for 1 more minute.

Add the Merliton into the mixture and bring the heat up to high, allowing the Meriton to fully incorporate. Mash a few of the Merlitons in the pot while stirring. Stir often. If you start getting a little bits sticking on the bottom of the pan, scrap it into the mixture, those offer flavor, but don't burn anything.

Transfer all of the mixture into a big bowl. Remove the bay leaves.

Beat 3 eggs and add them into the bowl, add the shrimp as well.

Put about 3/4 cup of the shrimp water into the bowl and mix everything together. 

Re-season to taste with Kosher salt and black pepper. If you like it, a touch of red pepper is good too. Or even a couple of shakes of Tony Chacheries.

Add regular style Italian bread crumbs and mix until the mixture isn't overly runny. (It shouldn't be totally dry either, when you bake it the moisture will disappear)

Grease a large casserole and pour the mixture into the dish.

In a separate small dish, melt about 3 TBSP's of butter. Stir in about 1 cup of Panko Italian Style Bread Crumbs and mix with the melted butter. Spread the buttered crumbs across the top of the casserole.

Bake in the oven at 350 for about 45-55 minutes, or until it is bubbling and the crumbs begin to brown.

That actually sounds delicious.

On 11/21/2018 at 11:18 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Mine is the same every year.

I am on a crusade to end the gross gelatinous cranberry dressing. 

Fresh Cranberry Sauce is so easy and cheap to make. It only takes three ingedients and 10 minutes.

1 package cranberries

1 cup OJ

1 cup sugar

Heat all that poo up in a pot until all the berries pop and it looks like cranberry sauce. That's it. 

It's amazing and a favorite of my family now.

IMG_20181121_110932_381.jpg

Delicious chocolate balls

1 cup deez

1 cup nutz 

1/3 cup of chocolate shavings

- enjoy ( winky face) 

Archived