• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More aggravating than the Funchess TD drop

Jeremy Igo

Just for perspective.  In 2001, Steve Smith was a back up WR to Muhsin and Donald Hayes.  He had 20 targets that year and 10 catches.  I have liked Samuel since the pick, but he was mostly injured last year so this is like a rookie season for him.  He and Moore are definitely the future of the team.

Funchess has had a number of clutch drops, especially touchdowns and key first downs.

i don’t know why it was Funchess there and not Wright at least. Torrey makes that catch too— he’s proved it. 

When Torrey is back we have to go Moore Curtis Wright and Torrey as the 4.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

What is more aggravating? 

The fact that Funchess dropped the ball or the fact that we are calling plays where he is the only option to throw to? 

DJ Moore and Jarius Wright out there playing the role of decoy for Funchess.. That has to change. 

giphy.gif

Why doesn’t CAM audible out of plays, is Norv restricting him at LOS?  

It’s a crime because Olsen & CMC should be the #1 option in the red zone with PA.

4 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

Why doesn’t CAM audible out of plays, is Norv restricting him at LOS?  

It’s a crime because Olsen & CMC should be the #1 option in the red zone with PA.

It was the right play. Funchess should have caught it. Perfect play design.

Wright Moore Torrey Samuel catch that ball,... it’s forcing Funchess to prove it, and he’s failing.

But I believe on the third and goal after DJ's run we actually ran a play in which Funchess was supposed to pick for DJ, but DJ fell down. Not sure bc I don't have all 22 but that play sounds like what you were looking for and we just had bad luck 

cant fault the play call, funch is our big and tall target and perfect for that playcall.  fug him for dropping it.

On the pre game radio show they were saying how funch was all excited about his moms baked goods.  wonder if he had to much and it effected him some how.

18 minutes ago, JARROD said:

It was the right play. Funchess should have caught it. Perfect play design.

Wright Moore Torrey Samuel catch that ball,... it’s forcing Funchess to prove it, and he’s failing.

giphy.gif&key=d9839515426c22981ac36124a4

It’s also bad play design , bringing Olsen all the way across was pointless. They should have flipped him to  Funchess side so he can create separation by running away from the defender & giving CAM a hi-lo option. 

38 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Funchess has had a number of clutch drops, especially touchdowns and key first downs.

i don’t know why it was Funchess there and not Wright at least. Torrey makes that catch too— he’s proved it. 

When Torrey is back we have to go Moore Curtis Wright and Torrey as the 4.

Not a Torrey Smith fan but, at this point, I can't disagree.

It won't happen though... you know that right?  You KNOW that it will be Funchess/Moore/Smith, don't you?

Archived