• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More aggravating than the Funchess TD drop

Jeremy Igo

Yes.

But seriously, RR game mgt is awful. I know Norv calls the plays, but we have seen RR say on the sideline what he wants to do, he could have said let’s get Funch going etc. we have two young studs at wr and one barely plays. I have been patient with RR but this crap is getting old. 

35 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

What is more aggravating? 

The fact that Funchess dropped the ball or the fact that we are calling plays where he is the only option to throw to? 

DJ Moore and Jarius Wright out there playing the role of decoy for Funchess.. That has to change. 

giphy.gif

One is more infuriating than the next, the coaching staff really dropped the ball on this one. 

31 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yeah but we are calling plays designed to go to a guy that always has early drops in games.

I understand the mindset and the philosophy, but we can't sacrifice team and a W for one player's morale. 

Move on and let him have a chance to redeem himself another day. 

It's cool Rivera is s player's coach and all, but I would rather he saw winning is the best way to keep your players happy.

i'm not worried about that as much. norv's offense is designed around deception and misdirection. letting the defense flow to one side of the field and going the other way has proven effective.

you can't ask for a better play design or throw. funchess is a fughead and by far the biggest problem in my opinion 

I'd rather us go after a proven WR vet that can catch this offseason, instead of drafting another WR.  So far we MIGHT have been lucky with Curtis and DJ, but still too early to tell...its looking promising though.  Aside from them we have absolutely sucked at drafting WR's.

Do we know just how much input Ron has with the offense in gameplanning?

Because look, I'm really trying to give Norv the benefit of the doubt here. He's seen enough over the years I would hope that he can fairly quickly figure out which wide receiver is the most sure handed for a play like this.

Archived