• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle controls their own destiny

Jeremy Igo

Also worth noting that the Rams and Saints still each have only one loss .  If that continues, the dream of the Saints resting their starters in the final week isn't likely to happen because they'll still have something to play for (i.e. the #1 seed).

I know some folks were hoping for the Chiefs to hand the Rams their second loss, but that didn't happen.  Looking at the remaining schedule, I'd say the team with the best chance of doing that now is probably the Bears. The rest of their remaining schedule doesn't look all that challenging. 

As to the Saints, the only team they play that I think has a true shot of beating them (no, it isn't us) is the Steelers.  They also play the Cowboys but even with their improvement, I just don't see it.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also worth noting that the Rams and Saints still each have only one loss .  If that continues, the dream of the Saints resting their starters in the final week isn't likely to happen because they'll still have something to play for (i.e. the #1 seed).

I know some folks were hoping for the Chiefs to hand the Rams their second loss, but that didn't happen.  Looking at the remaining schedule, I'd say the team with the best chance of doing that now is probably the Bears. The rest of their remaining schedule doesn't look all that challenging. 

As to the Saints, the only team they play that I think has a true shot of beating them (no, it isn't us) is the Steelers.  They also play the Cowboys but even with their improvement, I just don't see it.

They play the steelers in the dome. They are unstoppable in there.. Unless it's the first game of the season

3 hours ago, The Lobo said:

We are great at home, they are traveling across country for a 1 pm game...that stuff does matter (the cross country part). Our roster is better, we should win this game. I said that last week, and against Washington so who the heck knows. I know Seattle is playing great right now so anything can happen and it will be a good game. We can do this. 

That’s what I’m thinking... I still hate Seattle even though we’ve had their number the last few times. I like that Olsen spoke up and called the team out... IF we lay an egg Sunday at home with Seattle traveling here and the time difference like you said being a big advantage for us then heads need to roll. I really don’t see that happening though

8 minutes ago, HornetsSting said:

I’m absolutely pulling for a loss. Cleaning house and good draft position should be no 1 priority and whatever advances that agenda is what I want

Screw that even if we can just pull the 5th seed wild card we’ll play the winner of the nfc east and we can beat any of those teams. Of course we have shown the ability to lose to anybody. But I’m just not wired to pull for us to lose... especially to Seattle while we’re still in playoff contention. Either Ron pulls his usual second half season rebound or we go off the rails and tepper steps in. As far as draft position I could give a rats ass about that it’s a crapshoot anyway ha

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

So we will be facing a Seattle team that is in control of their own playoff destiny on Sunday. 

We can expect a fully pumped up team ready to punch us in the mouth. 

I hope someone tells the home team. 

Panthers also control their own playoff destiny.

I have zero expectations when it comes to this team now. I thought after being blown out on TNF and with 10 days to prepare they would have a spirited performance against Detroit, instead we had players missing tackles, field goals and dropping balls. If they can't play up for this game, dont know what to tell you guys. 

Really don’t see us stopping their run game. Guys are always out of position and hitting the wrong gaps and when they do have a chance they tackle air. This could get ugly very fast.

If this team goes out Sunday and continues to play sloppy ball then maybe it’s time to say Ron has wore out his welcome.

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

As Zod said, gotta expect Seattle to come out on fire in this one.  They have to have this one.

Yeap, from here on out every week should be treated as a playoff game.

We've lost our two game cushion.  

We are now in a fight for a wildcard position.

Come out with an anemic offense yet again this week and Panthers will stand a good chance of missing the playoffs entirely.

Archived