• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KK Short and the lack of interior DL push

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Your assessment of the problem is correct. However, your answer to it is patently wrong.

Bwahahahaha.  

Say that while Frank Clark tries to take Cam’s head off on Sunday and Tyreek Hill very well hoists the Lombardi.  

A 5 star, sure thing, no question marks, all everything, immediate impact defensive end taken in the 20s of the 2019 draft?  Even though the Panthers need help now and have for some time?  Oh, and the kid must be a Boy Scout and in the church choir?  Got it.

Bwahahahaha.

I believe kk may be injured but even when he wasn’t, he played when he felt like it

Eric Reid with a shoulder sprain and yet he has suited up...but he can’t wrap up

the rest of the Panthers defense this year, to me, are lollygaggers. Hate to say it.

.lBeason is correct ...they are  an embarrassment, no heart, old, helped along with an inept coaching staff and a front office allowing farewell tours

never, ever, did I ever think a Panthers defense would look like this

where is their pride?

i guess we will find out Sunday 

Just saw next gen stats, lions gameplanned to get the ball out of Stanford’s hands faster...average of 2.4 seconds. That was the fastest of that week I believe. Teams gameplans have been like that since week one against us, it’s embarrassing. We don’t change, rarely do we press or play in a normal position off the WRs. No DL will get pressure in 2 seconds. If we pressed or at least were closer it’d buy some time for the DL. It wouldn’t work all the time, but it would improve quite a bit. This coaching staff is insane. 

You know your defense is going to have a bad year when your d-line always looks tired and your LBs look lost. All that money and draft currency we threw away at the defense is killing me. No more $61,000,000 LBs and useless DTs. Good Lord. The sooner we have a new coaching staff the sooner we can focus on the o-line and more offensive weapons. Offensive potency is the key to winning in this new era. Be frugal on defense, and dump ANY defender who wants a big contract. No "thank you" contracts. This franchise is just a mess.

On 11/20/2018 at 6:40 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

This is just not what we are accustomed to seeing from KK. At least Poe has the double team as an excuse. 

giphy.gif

Poe doesn’t have the double team as an excuse he got man handled and pushed into KK’s gap. None of that was on KK, when he went to make his inside swim he was blocked by his own guy. 

Poe = not a good fit here. Hurneyatedmagic.

13 hours ago, Nails said:

Bwahahahaha.  

Say that while Frank Clark tries to take Cam’s head off on Sunday and Tyreek Hill very well hoists the Lombardi.  

A 5 star, sure thing, no question marks, all everything, immediate impact defensive end taken in the 20s of the 2019 draft?  Even though the Panthers need help now and have for some time?  Oh, and the kid must be a Boy Scout and in the church choir?  Got it.

Bwahahahaha.

After he left here he couldn't even make a stand at the Cowboys. Since he beat up that woman his only successful work against a defender has been a handful of doughy MMA wannabes on the fight card at National Guard armories. 

4 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Poe doesn’t have the double team as an excuse he got man handled and pushed into KK’s gap. None of that was on KK, when he went to make his inside swim he was blocked by his own guy. 

Poe = not a good fit here. Hurneyatedmagic.

Honestly, both Poe and KK are looking pretty bad in that clip. No push by them, just a lot of foot movement and a Keystone Cops-like collision while Pep and Addison get slid out and around the back of the pocket. 

What you have there is text book pass blocking by some nobodies against three Pro Bowl players (Pep, Poe and Short) plus Mario who had been our #1 DE.  There's the nothing in this.

And no Greg Hardy doesn't solve this problem. Not in a school bus, not on a boat, not with a fuss, not with a goat.

Archived