• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KK Short and the lack of interior DL push

Jeremy Igo

I said it back before his contract and it bears repeating. Never give big money to a player based purely on what they did in a contract year. And in the case of Greg Hardy, what he basically did in about three games.

KK hasn't been a complete washout but he has been lackluster at best. He isn't out there disrupting things like he used to and this season he isn't even filling up space well.

In truth, we probably should have kept Star and let KK go on. Hindsight is 20/20 but I think our problem with rushing defense is right there. I think Star covered up a lot of KK's deficiencies.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Having watched every game, I strongly disagree with this.

That’s why I hate when people use analytics as a crutch for everything,..

metrics are designed by people and people are flawed, so they don’t always add up.

We have the 4th best pass rush but where do we fall for giving up big plays on key downs like the 3rd and 15– that was a crucial place. Stop them and we had a chance to come back much earlier, instead we gave up another just after this one for a big touchdown.

id like to see the metric on giving up big plays— most of the best coaches I ever saw talking always said big plays and turnovers will win or lose most games

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

I said it back before his contract and it bears repeating. Never give big money to a player based purely on what they did in a contract year. And in the case of Greg Hardy, what he basically did in about three games.

KK hasn't been a complete washout but he has been lackluster at best. He isn't out there disrupting things like he used to and this season he isn't even filling up space well.

In truth, we probably should have kept Star and let KK go on. Hindsight is 20/20 but I think our problem with rushing defense is right there. I think Star covered up a lot of KK's deficiencies.

Ha yeah how about the 11 sacks in 2012 or the 60 team sacks in 2013?  3 games?  GTFOH with that BS.

5 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It's like ringing a bell. Just whisper Greg Hardy and @Nails just comes running out. Pavlovian. ROFL

Happy to bang the truth drum since ironically everything else is a waste of time anyway.  Without a difference making defensive end this franchise won’t slay the potent offenses that await in the way of this franchise and its first ring.  Everyone that hasn’t seen this for a long time is incredibly stupid or in denial.

5 hours ago, Nails said:

Happy to bang the truth drum since ironically everything else is a waste of time anyway.  Without a difference making defensive end this franchise won’t slay the potent offenses that await in the way of this franchise and its first ring.  Everyone that hasn’t seen this for a long time is incredibly stupid or in denial.

Your assessment of the problem is correct. However, your answer to it is patently wrong.

Archived