• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KK Short and the lack of interior DL push

Jeremy Igo

Is it because he's lazy or is it because he's out of position due to poor scheme? It's almost impossible to freelance on an NFL defense today. He's been dominant for years, and all of the sudden this year he sucks? I sincerely doubt he's hit a wall. We have a washed up college coach as our DL coach and an over-promoted DL coach as our DC. Those are the two variables that have changed most drastically. I'm going to reserve judgment on KK for now. Everyone is playing like crap, and we all know that they all didn't hit the wall in the same year. 

52 minutes ago, TheRed said:

HOOOOOOOGGGGGG MAAAAAWWWWLLLIIIEEEESSSS

In all seriousness, when even Luke Kuechly looks like poo out there, it's time to make a change on the defensive staff and go from there.

I have felt this way as well. When Luke and TD, two all pros, look lost and sloppy, that’s not a talent issue, that is clearly coaching. The scheme is off to say the least. RR won’t fire anyone so we will have to put up with this mess. I never in my years of watching Luke play thought he’d ever be this bad. How bad of a DC do you have to be make Luke struggle? 

The only impact KK is making this season is on our cap space.

But, I agree with the sentiment being shared here and have said the same thing repeatedly, when an entire unit looks lost (even proven All Pros) after a coordinator change Occam's Razor says that it's a lot more likely that it's a coordinator issue than it is that all of those players now suck.

Archived