• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Small things on run defense that just need tweaked

Jeremy Igo

So I am looking over the coach's film today trying to make heads or tails of what is happening. So far, just small details on defense that are falling short and having a big impact. 

Such as this play.. 

giphy.gif

A lot of people probably yelled at Luke here, but Luke is exactly where he should be. It is Bradberry who was supposed to contain on the edge but for some reason decided to engage with a pulling guard. The back was then able to scoot to the outside for a big gainer and a first down. You could see Luke getting on Bradberry's case about it after the play. 

One guy a couple steps out of position and its a 14 yard rushing gain. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

So I am looking over the coach's film today trying to make heads or tails of what is happening. So far, just small details on defense that are falling short and having a big impact. 

Such as this play.. 

giphy.gif

A lot of people probably yelled at Luke here, but Luke is exactly where he should be. It is Bradberry who was supposed to contain on the edge but for some reason decided to engage with a pulling guard. The back was then able to scoot to the outside for a big gainer and a first down. You could see Luke getting on Bradberry's case about it after the play. 

One guy a couple steps out of position and its a 14 yard rushing gain. 

What are you talking about, the LBs are too bunched up. Why isn’t he on the unbalanced side were the TE/FB is to take on the #s.

Middle line backer is like quarterback— they get too much praise or grief when it’s the other moving parts that make or break them usually.

everyone is all over Luke but in years past everyone is more where they should be— he’s always where he should be but catches grief from everyone.

people don’t actually watch football games, they just watch the result with little care of what actually happens— just like the throw firebombs everywhere.

Bradberry has Solid games such as the one vs Tampa.  Most of the time they come when the Front 7 generates pressure.

But I'm still not convinced he is a #1 CB.  He had a solid rookie season but then a Big sophomore slump last year.  Had his man not dropped wide open passes Funchess style, we wouldve had 3 more losses.  He does a decent job shadowing his man in the zone, but still makes some bad reads and still has some if not The worst ball skills from a CB ive ever seen

If it was just one player being out of position it wouldn’t be a big deal but it seems like on several plays there are multiple guys screwing up... maybe they’re trying to do too much, I don’t know. But what I do know is if this crap doesn’t get fixed we will give up 300 yards rushing to the Hawks

5 hours ago, Car123 said:

Bradberry is the most overrated Panther. Not very good in run defense, gets beat often in pass d, sticks of butter for hands. Some people overrate him because of his one or two games a year games where he contains a team's number one.

The kids got a ton of heart and is out there busting his ass.  He's just not a #1 cb.  We need someone with a higher ceiling opposite jackson.  

Archived