• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When to gamble

SmittysLawnGuy

You go for two when your team is out matched. Knowing your chances are minuscule in overtime. Dont give me the minute on the clock bit either. Changes nothing! Do you want a 50/50 against the Lions or show your ilk in overtime that you are the better team. Havent been a Ron hater either. I screamed at the TV when we lined up for it. Praised the football gods when the timeout was called, knowing Ron would come to his senses. As Al Bundy would say Sstttriiikkee! River Boat Ron has become Short Bus Ron. Pathetic on every level and for the fools blaming Cam for missing the pass, (not a Cam nut hugger either) well he shouldn't have been put in the situation to begin with. Strap up your safe helmet Ron. You bafoon!

The D had held at points and they were down the best WR they had and best RB. Even if we scored the 2 point conversion they had over a minute and three timeouts to get a field goal to win. Either way it would be on the D to stop then for a win which is why going for 2 was an insane decision. You just took the onlychance you had which was relying on your Defense away. If GANO cannot make a 2nd extra point he should have been cut that’s what he gets paid millions to do for a living. 

I have said this for yrs Ron isn' a great coach. Talent evaluation is poor we have stumbled into playing the talent we have and even if u say Ron does not decide who is on the field well he decides who coaches the players and evaluates them. Every since he has been here it has been then same. Poor evaluation period. Time management why call a timeout just to say good luck with the 2pt conversion cause any coach with a brain plays for the overtime the momentum was in our favor. Again another poor decision. Last week he challenged a ball placement that wasn't even important inches from a 1st down and we have 2 downs to get the inches. Today possible out of bounds catch on Detroit no challenge. I mean what drug is he on during the games. I need to get some of it while I watch the panthers games.

Does research and stats really in truly say it's best to go for it when you're on the road? Or did some coach say it 60 years ago and everyone took it as gospel? I'd like to know.

All I know is ... kick the XP, Detroit can beat you with a FG in the last minute.

Make the conversion, Detroit can beat you with a FG in the last minute.

Miss the conversion ... you lose.

I don't really give a s--t about the stats, to be honest.

You shouldn't be conservative all the time.  Likewise, you shouldn't be aggressive all the time.  The key to success is having the wisdom to know when to do what.

The sad truth of the Panthers right now is that whichever path we choose, it has a tendency to be the wrong one.

Archived