• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Detroit Lions fans are saying

Jeremy Igo

There's a reason they're known as the Detroit Lie-downs. The only NFC team to have never made it to the SB. They won the NFL Championship in '57 (their 4th), and have won only a single playoff game since then ('91). It must be hell to be a Lions fan. 

2 hours ago, Panthera onca said:

If the Panthers lose this game Ron should be fired on the spot and Norv can finish out the season as HC/OC.

And if (and when!) the Panthers win this game, how bout all you whiners and naysayers find another site to kvetch on.  This Fire Ron stuff is getting old, as old as Impeach Trump.  Ain't gonna happen, so find another angle to see your names in print.

In fact -- who's willing to take the pledge: the Panthers lose this game, I'm gone forever, never to be heard from again.  If they win, who'll make the opposite pledge?

(thought not)

11 hours ago, bigdavis said:

And if (and when!) the Panthers win this game, how bout all you whiners and naysayers find another site to kvetch on.  This Fire Ron stuff is getting old, as old as Impeach Trump.  Ain't gonna happen, so find another angle to see your names in print.

In fact -- who's willing to take the pledge: the Panthers lose this game, I'm gone forever, never to be heard from again.  If they win, who'll make the opposite pledge?

(thought not)

How about you come back on here after you get Ron's scrotum out of your mouth.

Im up in Detroit this weekend with the Roaring Riot for the game.  Trust me, the city is about as depressing as the Lions fans.  No one gives a poo.  If we don't win this game following the blowout at Pittsburgh then we shouldn't even be talking about post season. 

13 hours ago, bigdavis said:

(thought not)

what is the opposite pledge?  to never leave if we win?    i don't understand

45 minutes ago, raz said:

what is the opposite pledge?  to never leave if we win?    i don't understand

haha, I guess you're joking. The opposite pledge would be to (if the Panthers win) stop making these ridiculous posts about firing Rivera, and to leave the Huddle and find another site to spew this nonsense on.  I likened it to Impeach Trump because neither are gonna happen, no matter how much the idiots blather about them.  At some point, I'd hope the acceptance of reality would predominate the dialogue -- and that is that RR is a good coach, who occasionally makes questionable decisions that can be debated or second guessed, but not threatened by the "fans" here with tar, feathers, and pitchforks.

We will see the Panthers win this game, and make the playoffs.  Too early to speculate beyond that.  Any contender could suffer a catastrophic injury, and nothing is assured.

In summary, I'm on here as a fan, and am a realist when it comes to who's on a "hot seat."  It ain't Rivera.

i think he's a pretty good coach too.  i don't think he's good enough.   i think without cam we would suck and he would have already been replaced.   wtf with the washington promotion?  that's on ron.    shula for 200 yrs is on ron.   sucks that you think i should leave over that.    its just like, my opinion man.

4 hours ago, raz said:

i think he's a pretty good coach too.  i don't think he's good enough.   i think without cam we would suck and he would have already been replaced.   wtf with the washington promotion?  that's on ron.    shula for 200 yrs is on ron.   sucks that you think i should leave over that.    its just like, my opinion man.

Read back up a ways, and you'll see that my comment wasn't directed at you.  And I wasn't telling anyone TO leave, just offering a kind of a bet that could be settled online.  I see Panthera onca hasn't responded to my 'challenge.'

Archived