• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which Carolina Panthers truly deserve a pro bowl vote?

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, rayzor said:

Makes sense. Luke and even TD are just as aggressive as ever, but neither are as effective as usual. DC issues are the likely cause. I wonder if it's why we haven't gotten much push from the interior DL.

One could argue that our back 7 are better than what we had last year. I like Poe, but Star was a big help inside. And as inept as Washington might be, Luke runs the D and the players know what they're supposed to do.

7 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Luke and KK not playing well can be summed up in one short sentence. 

Star is gone. 

I said it a few hundred times that he was more important to the defense then KK, team gave KK the big deal.... well we see where that got them. 

Star would be a no show in this awful defensive scheme as well. Our entire defense fuging sucks not just the D line. Swapping two players on defense, Jackson being a huge upgrade, should not effect an entire unit this much. Washington is in over his head.

On 11/14/2018 at 10:17 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

I honestly can only think of two at the moment.

Cam Newton

CMC

As much as it pains me to say, Luke just hasn't been very Kuechly like.

Perhaps Gano should be in the discussion?

Gano for sure.  Cam's stats must include rushing. 

CMC is a lock.

My case for Bradberry, who has quietly improved enough to be in the discussion.  If not, these stats should shut his critics up.

Stat

2017 ranking

2018 ranking (through 9 games)

Coverage rating

Catch rate allowed

Passer rating allowed

Pass break ups

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/james-bradberry/#!#past-year

I cherry picked these stats a bit because others are misleading, but you can see the improvement.   Is this worthy of the Pro Bowl?  Maybe, maybe not.  But it should be enough to shut some folks up

Archived