• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which Carolina Panthers truly deserve a pro bowl vote?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

As much as it pains me to say, Luke just hasn't been very Kuechly like.

I made a thread last year after he came back from his last discussion (and got downvoted). He 100% plays different now. He is not as inclined to stick his nose into things as he was earlier on. He's reticent in how he tackles. Have you noticed he more times than not arm tackles guys and does this whole throws-them-to-the-ground move? He is trying to protect his brain and I can't say I blame him at all. It just is making him not as effective as he was before.

He just plays the game differently now. Still a good player. Not at the same level as he was though. Has to be tough for him to want to play the game but probably can't play it the same way as before.

1 minute ago, panthermonium said:

I made a thread last year after he came back from his last discussion (and got downvoted). He 100% plays different now. He is not as inclined to stick his nose into things as he was earlier on. He's reticent in how he tackles. Have you noticed he more times than not arm tackles guys and does this whole throws-them-to-the-ground move? He is trying to protect his brain and I can't say I blame him at all. It just is making him not as effective as he was before.

He just plays the game differently now. Still a good player. Not at the same level as he was though. Has to be tough for him to want to play the game but probably can't play it the same way as before.

I don't think thats it. I honestly think it stems from the downgrade in defensive coordinator and Luke trying to do way too much out there and not staying in his lane.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I don't think thats it. I honestly think it stems from the downgrade in defensive coordinator and Luke trying to do way too much out there and not staying in his lane.

Makes sense. Luke and even TD are just as aggressive as ever, but neither are as effective as usual. DC issues are the likely cause. I wonder if it's why we haven't gotten much push from the interior DL.

McCaffrey is killing it but he's behind at least Gurley, Kamara, Hunt, and Elliott. He'll need to really crush it through the end of the year to get a Pro Bowl nod.

Cam is having the best season of his career and should be in the Pro Bowl. But with how many QB's are crushing stat records this year I could see him being an alternate/injury replacement.

Donte Jackson has some nice stats, I could see him making the Pro Bowl if he can get a few more INTs.

Graham Gano might get in because of that 63 yarder. If he doesn't miss a field goal all year he'd better be in the Pro Bowl.

After that, players would have to really explode through the end of the year to get noticed. I could see Addison getting in if he can crack 13-14 sacks. Kuechly might get in just because of his history and name. Ryan Kalil might get a swan song Pro Bowl nod. Same with Thomas Davis.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I'll respectfully disagree.

I can get on board with the front 4 not letting the LB's play clean and he's getting chewed up a bit. Which is not letting him flash what he can do. IMO however, he doesn't attack the game like he use to from a physicality standpoint. Still has all the tools and ability. That hasn't gone away. I just see him more times than not meet a runner head on and almost try to shed some of the impact. Which usually results in him arm tackling and throwing guys to the ground. I don't see a lot of drive and drag from him AS MUCH. Not saying this is an every play occurrence with him.

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

that's 100% it. he's 27, to suggest that a freak like him has "lost a step" is ridiculous. The loss of Star is way more significant than people realize as well

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Moton would be interesting. Makes me wonder what a Moton/Williams combo would look like in the future (if they extend Williams)

Depends on if they believe Moton can play LT and what kind of money Williams is seeking. Moton held his own in the first game at LT against a very good group of DE's.

Archived