• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cameron Newton to bounce back Sunday?

Jeremy Igo

Just now, CRA said:

Most seasons I would say Cam is more important but overall Luke has usually been our best football player.  

Not this year.  Cam has played better than Luke on the season.   Maybe Luke is playing with an injury or just becoming human but he hasn't been the same dude this year IMO as he has consistently been. 

I don't know if something is going on with Luke. I'm not giving him or even Cam a pass, but in no way shape or form am I going to hang the loss on either of them. We collectively got our asses kicked. And the plain truth of the matter is, we flatly got outcoached in almost every facet after that first Panthers possession. That's why it simply boggles the mind that we see posturing and judging about Cam's pick six but it's guys like Cam that make this staff successful. It's also this staff that tends too often to hold back our talent.

8 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I don't know if something is going on with Luke. I'm not giving him or even Cam a pass, but in no way shape or form am I going to hang the loss on either of them. We collectively got our asses kicked. And the plain truth of the matter is, we flatly got outcoached in almost every facet after that first Panthers possession. That's why it simply boggles the mind that we see posturing and judging about Cam's pick six but it's guys like Cam that make this staff successful. It's also this staff that tends too often to hold back our talent.

I'm not hanging the loss on them.  

I'm saying we have become dependent on 2 dudes to do more and be more than they should.   So now that Luke is playing slightly down.  It impacts things.   My Luke/Cam comments were overall comments on the year. 

The Pitt loss? I ain't worried.  Bad football often shows up on Thurs night.   I don't think it is more than that.  Add in the fact of bad Thur night football.....Big Ben has a long history of playing his best ball in Pitt.  Like a reverse dome thing for him. 

The OL and D were jokes.  Cam and Luke pretty much were the same dudes they have been on the year.  Rest of the dudes where there was a noticeable change IMO.  OL play, DL play and DB play was a trainwreck. 

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

I'm assuming Jeremy meant Cam bouncing back as in the team bouncing back. The team goes as Cam goes typically. He is our unicorn. But our defense has to show some semblance of stopping ability or it doesn't matter who we have behind center.

The Lions have been giving up quite a few points this season that I've seen. If we can't make this a "get right game", we're toast in this division with the Saints hitting their stride the way they are.

We're not winning this division anyway lol. We will be lucky to get a wild card.

No.

He'll press and the footballs will sail.

Norv will only trust him with a tenth of the playbook.

Detroit will contain him, CMC and bracket Olsen.

Funchess will get his drops in.

Moore will disappear and Samuel will be underused.

We can't win on the road.

Washington and the D will poo the bed again.

DJax will get burnt by some 3rd string WR for a long TD.

Luke will over pursue and Kerryon will get 100+.

I will never trust this team again. Burnt me too many times.

Det will shut us down like they did NE.

Ron will say poo happens for the 2nd straight week. (starting to stink up in there) 

But I will still watch every minute praying against all of the above  that the cardiac cats will eek out a win while killing brain and liver cells guzzling liquor to calm my nerves. C'mon Gano. Please hit that 55 yarder to win at the end.

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'm not hanging the loss on them.  

I'm saying we have become dependent on 2 dudes to do more and be more than they should.   So now that Luke is playing slightly down.  It impacts things.   My Luke/Cam comments were overall comments on the year. 

The Pitt loss? I ain't worried.  Bad football often shows up on Thurs night.   I don't think it is more than that.  Add in the fact of bad Thur night football.....Big Ben has a long history of playing his best ball in Pitt.  Like a reverse dome thing for him. 

The OL and D were jokes.  Cam and Luke pretty much were the same dudes they have been on the year.  Rest of the dudes where there was a noticeable change IMO.  OL play, DL play and DB play was a trainwreck. 

Obviously I agree that ultimately it boils down to the Cam, and Luke show. They've been bailing out this staff for years. 

But let's dispense with the pleasantries if we're just letting it all hang out. We are nearly a full decade into the Ron Rivera era. There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever to get beaten that badly along the DL, and in the secondary. If it's a result of Washington being in over his head, well that's on Rivera. It was Ron who decided to bypass interviewing even one person outside of our own staff for the DC vacancy. That is on him.

This rehashing of the one mistake Cam Newton made against Pittsburgh nearly a full week after the game is just pandering to the lowest of the low in our fanbase. Like I'm talking the Panthers Facebook page crowd. Just a truly sorry sight for the carolina huddle.

Archived