• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cameron Newton to bounce back Sunday?

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

NFL wants defenses to give up 30 pts minimu . Ron needs to inform the refs before the game that DL has been getting hold all season long. I would actually send a DL to take one of their OL legs out if they keep doing this poo.

KK and Poe have been held in front of refs with no calls smh

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Let's not pretend he didn't have an awful and uncharacteristic pick 6. 

He has room to bounce like the rest of the team.

That was the only play you could say that he screwed up. It was the right play anyway. Better to give up 7 points than 9.

3 minutes ago, Car123 said:

That was the only play you could say that he screwed up. It was the right play anyway. Better to give up 7 points than 9.

Wouldn't it have been two points for a Safety if he got intentional grounding or tackled in the endzone? He was trying to fling it to Greg and threw too hard. Hindsight that was a dumb decision. I'm glad he made it now, so it's burned in his memory, rather than in the playoffs. I still think we're pretty damn good and can at least get to the playoffs to give ourselves a chance at the SB. 

22 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It was uncharacteristic 

But let's not act like he still didnt go 23-29 for 2 TDs either with no help.

It was a very uncharacteristic game.  We are a run first team.  Always have been, always will be.

We completely abandoned the run and just threw everything on Cam's shoulders while the defense could just pin back and pass rush.

Down 21-7 going into the 2nd Quarter

CMC had FIVE...........yes FIVE carries the rest of the game.........The Final 3 quarters.  Including only 2 carries the in the 1st half from 4:30 left in the 1st quarter up until half.  Only down 21-7 and getting the ball back.  We went completely 1 dementional 

Our whole staff just got taken out back and took a absolute beating by Mike Tomlin.

Curious to know

When is the last time prior to the steelers game, that Cam completed more passes than the team had rushes?

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You lost me here. Frankly this is an embarrassing remark from you.

Our defense gave up 45 points dude. Forty five.

6 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Wouldn't it have been two points for a Safety if he got intentional grounding or tackled in the endzone? He was trying to fling it to Greg and threw too hard. Hindsight that was a dumb decision. I'm glad he made it now, so it's burned in his memory, rather than in the playoffs. I still think we're pretty damn good and can at least get to the playoffs to give ourselves a chance at the SB. 

2 points for a safety and a free kick to Pittsburgh. They would have marched down the field and scored another td.

If we're on the subject of holding Panthers  players accountable for "uncharacteristic" gaffes in losses, why are we piling on Cam Newton when guys like Luke Kuechly got beat like a drum?

But then again, I thought we were focusing on the Lions?

Or are we just that desperate for clicks?

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I suspect a big game is coming for Cam. He typically rebounds well. 

What stats do you think we are looking at?

I think Cam is fine.  Think he was actually decent in Pitt.  I mean he made that one idiotic throw to that got picked....

but we don't need Cam to rebound.  We need the offensive line to rebound and defense to rebound.  Our problem last week wasn't Cam. 

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If we're on the subject of holding Panthers  players accountable for "uncharacteristic" gaffes in losses, why are we piling on Cam Newton when guys like Luke Kuechly got beat like a drum?

But then again, I thought we were focusing on the Lions?

Or are we just that desperate for clicks?

Most seasons I would say Cam is more important but overall Luke has usually been our best football player.  

Not this year.  Cam has played better than Luke on the season.   Maybe Luke is playing with an injury or just becoming human but he hasn't been the same dude this year IMO as he has consistently been. 

Archived