• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soooo.... Your wounds licked yet?

Jeremy Igo

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm going to have a difficult time believing in this team as long as Eric Washington remains the play caller on defense.

Me too. We could justify it before Pitt because our offense pulled us out. Now we know good teams can overwhelm us. 

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

While.i was expecting the Panthers to win, and win in convincing fashion -  short week, on the road, against a very good team.  The reality is we fans were high on the hog, and not being realistic about the challenge our team had. 

Including me.

It's not about the loss. It's how we lost. Its clear our offense can't put up 55 points on good teams. 

I think we'll beat Detroit, and I expect to beat Tampa and Cleveland.

I'm not confident enough to predict victory in any of the other remaining games. Nor do I believe we're good enough to win a playoff game.

So a winning season, but it won't really mean anything.

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

Given our history (no back to back winning seasons) , I would disagree with your assessment. 

If you don't make the playoffs, it's a meaningless milestone.

Making the playoffs and getting dropkicked right back out doesn't do much for me either.

I was feeling alot better today. I usually can put it behind me when the football week is over. 

Felt amazing when I turned on scores saw NE get whooped by Titans, Falcons get whooped by Browns, and a good Bengals team get wrecked by saints 51 to 14 (sounds familiar) alot of teams collapsed this week, misery loves company. Our team is fine

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think we'll beat Detroit, and I expect to beat Tampa and Cleveland.

I'm not confident enough to predict victory in any of the other remaining games. Nor do I believe we're good enough to win a playoff game.

So a winning season, but it won't really mean anything.

I agree, unless Rivera somehow turns the defense around we already know who we are. 

One of my concerns: We're getting to the point of the season where fatigue all too often starts setting in on older players (and sometimes on rookies). We've got a fair number of older guys playing important roles for us right now.

Might not affect Thomas Davis as much since he had four games off.  Likewise, DJ Moore probably has less chance of hitting a rookie wall because he didn't play much to start the season.

Side Note on Moore: Is it just me, or would anyone else like to see him catching more passes rather than taking more handoffs? I know it's about getting the ball in his hands, but still...

Archived