• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly being a true leader

Jeremy Igo

Love this.

PITTSBURGH – When head coach Ron Rivera breaks the team down in the locker room after a tough loss, he’s typically the only one who speaks.

But linebacker Luke Kuechly had a few things to say after Carolina suffered a 52-21 defeat to the Steelers at Heinz Field on Thursday night.

Rivera told the players they would report back on Tuesday after a long weekend away from football, and Kuechly wanted to reiterate the importance of using those few days wisely.

He implored his teammates to come back ready to roll. He doesn’t want that first day back to be a waste of a practice where everyone simply gets back into things. No, the Panthers, especially after a loss like the one they suffered in Pittsburgh, need to hit the ground running.

https://www.panthers.com/news/luke-kuechly-speaks-up-in-postgame-locker-room

Exactly right. Come back ready to work and not in a "ok time to get back into it" mode.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Love this.

https://www.panthers.com/news/luke-kuechly-speaks-up-in-postgame-locker-room

Exactly right. Come back ready to work and not in a "ok time to get back into it" mode.

So they lose by 30 plus, embarrass themselves on National TV, and they don’t report back u til Tuesday ?

unless there is something in the CBA, their asses need to be at work. 

8 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

So they lose by 30 plus, embarrass themselves on National TV, and they don’t report back u til Tuesday ?

unless there is something in the CBA, their asses need to be at work. 

That's not how this works. They just had two games in five days. They didn't get back in until early this morning, so definitely no practice today. No one ever practices on Saturday. I'm sure there's something written in the CBA about practicing on Sundays. And Monday is just another day for them to lick their wounds. I know they got embarrassed, but I'm sure every other team would do the same thing. I'd rather them rest up and then hit the ground running.

20 minutes ago, rbsponsel52 said:

If Washington gets fired who is next to get internally promoted to interim/full time DC because there aren't any good ones on the market.

Paging Ron Rivera to the dam defensive  meeting rooms the offense doesn't need you so if you're not busy can you be our DC for a few weeks special teams is extremely solid a few blips but they don't need you in there either I figured maybe he can step to the for front.

Archived