• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two Panthers starters that need to start showing up.

Jeremy Igo

I just don't understand what's happening on the back end of our defense sometimes. Why the fug did we need 39 year old Julius Peppers to make a play on the ball in the air to get off the field on 3rd down? How the fug do we rush three, drop eight, and end up with 37 year old Mike Adams one on one with Antonio Brown? Like, seriously, WHAT THE fug? We're playing as if we have a front four that's producing 7 sacks a game, but that's just not the case. 

44 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

A lot of this could go back to Washington....and truly Brady Hoke was an awful hire.  Overall I think Hurney has done a decent job...but he has made a glaring mistake. Relying on an older undersized Addison and an old all time great in Peppers.  I love Pep and he actually made some plays....but he needs to be a rotation player to be his most effective.   We needs some Juice coming off the edge and we just don't have it.  Also our blitz game is awful.

This

plus

1. Old defensive players on a short week

2. Poor and inept defensive coordinator.   Never should have been elavated

3. Brady Hoke was a terrible college coach and suddenly he is elevated to the pros

4. The lb coach I don’t believe had any pro experience previously either

5. The DB coach, well we have known that history before

6. DTs paid and underperforming 

7. Missed defensive line draft picks by Gettleman 

bottom line in this passing league , no pressure on the QB = disaster 

offensively, well we saw again, that the Panthers cannot handle a 3 4 defense    Given that showing by the LT we may well see the return of Matt Kalil 

it Will be interesting to see how the new owner reacts to this humiliation on national tv

1 hour ago, Millioso7 said:

just because they’ve been there for a while doesn’t mean they are the next best option.

While I agree, I think in Rivera's mind, they've "earned" it, by doing things the right way, waiting their turn. That belief may end up being his undoing. 

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

My biggest concern right now is the interior of the defensive line. It all starts with those guys, and those guys have been getting pushed around like rag dolls. 

KK Short - Pretty much invisible all season long. 

Dontari Poe - Huge disappointment.

Kyle love is our best interior DL and that isn't ideal. 

These guys need to pick it up and in a hurry. 

Whos the Dline coach?  Washington moved up and the dline has become a no-show.

My biggest concern right now is the interior of the defensive line. It all starts with those guys, and those guys have been getting pushed around like rag dolls. 

Falls on Marty. Poe is a waste and the lack of a veteran corner killed us last night. Fire Marty as the scapegoat at the end of the season if anyone. Torrey is still on the team and is now just hurt. Money could have been allocated elsewhere again. Reid played like poo last night.

That's true Igo, it's pretty bad when I literally have to think about who we actually have starting and rotating on our D line a times. Our guys names never get called.

I don't even think I've heard Poes name announced all year except for a single penalty. I think I'm most bitter towards him. He has had no contribution to this team and I feel like he's also another reason why Short has been less effective.

Just gonna say, I'm glad KK got paid, but he has been wholly disappointing since he got his pay day.  He generates very little push and does not seem like the player we thought we were paying for.  Might be time to start considering restructure or release because that money could be used to get a guy we could use.

I don’t know— Poe and Short I believe have  played a lot better than people give them credit for.

i believe that one direct cause of issues is our extreme lack of credible depth behind starters.

we have no rotation. Pittsburgh was able to constantly rotate in fresh players, ours were like playing Iron Man football on a short week in a tough place to play period.

Poe and Short have Love and Butler behind them, garbage—

so we either put in garbage, or worn out starters.

notice when Poe and Short got rested we were able to get stops—-

also, tackling on the perimeter was aweful— there were so many would be stops that turned into disgusting gains by bad tackling.

the tightend scrub the Steelers had made several chunk gains where he was hit quickly with a shoulder or arm but people gave up, didn’t try.

maybe because that same tightend ran over Thomas Davis like a rag doll?

anyway— depth is our biggest problem—directly caused I believe 80% of the problems we saw.

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Some of you have been asking, "What's wrong with Luke?"  ^^^^^ (answer above)

5 hours ago, beastson said:

Lol that's been the case since Ron arrived

Our lack of pass rush also starts in the draft. They might want to put focus on guys that can rush the QB from a DL and LB position next draft, but frankly I'm just tired of Ron Rivera and his scheme/style of football. Good coaches can scheme around their issues. Ron depends too much on player production.

Wow, it’s crazy I never noticed that. Something needs to change. We have great players on this team no reason we can’t make a run.

Archived