• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two Panthers starters that need to start showing up.

Jeremy Igo

My biggest concern right now is the interior of the defensive line. It all starts with those guys, and those guys have been getting pushed around like rag dolls. 

KK Short - Pretty much invisible all season long. 

Dontari Poe - Huge disappointment.

Kyle love is our best interior DL and that isn't ideal. 

These guys need to pick it up and in a hurry. 

Jeremy, how much is Washington to blame?

Was Star that much of an upgrade over Poe?

The sad part is that we have a 1st rounder that is as of right now, a bust...huge huge bust. It's year three and a little over the middle of the season, Butler has be underwhelming to say the least. I don't know what Gettleman was thinking or even saw in him. That hurts a little more since he was drafted in the first round and the people that could have been taken instead of him...Jesus that whole draft class...

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Plenty. 

So far Washington is the Shula of defense. He is responsible for his unit, and they all are underperforming. 

TD on a slot playing 10 yards off on 3rd and 4

Rookie on a island 1on1 no safety help vs best WR in football

The dropping 2 in coverage.  Heck this gies back to the Giants game where he admitted in a interview later that week that part of that gameplan was rushing 3 despitw the Guants having the worst OL in Foootball where their QB would get killed.  That bit us Eli went untouched the only game and Eli picked our zone

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Plenty. 

So far Washington is the Shula of defense. He is responsible for his unit, and they all are underperforming. 

I've been on the mindset that he was the wrong man for the job since the start, The play calling, the performance of the players, everything ties back down to him. Anytime a team drops a 50 burger on you...ugh. 

While he isn’t playing that great I don’t blame Poe as much as I do Washington for his poor performance. There’s no reason a d coordinator should be asking a nose tackle to drop back into coverage on 3rd down. Poe has done his job better so far this season than Short fwiw.

I really wish we would have just rolled the dice and started Butler and used the money we spent on Poe elsewhere. If it didn’t work out we could have made a trade for a DT. Damon Harrison, one of the best run stoppers in football, went for a fuging 5th round pick. Ughhh.

It was 3rd and 5 and our dbs were 10 yards off the ball, there is no excuse for that. I don’t think there are very many plays where both are in a press or somewhat normal position to WRs. Playing soft would be fine if we could get to the qb consistently but we can’t. Playing press coverage would fine and could cause coverage sacks once in a while, but we don’t play press very often or lineup close at a wr often. I would just like to see three yards off for a whole quarter. To me, the blame falls on both DL and DB. No coverage sacks and no pressures = what we just saw. 

37 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

It was 3rd and 5 and our dbs were 10 yards off the ball, there is no excuse for that. I don’t think there are very many plays where both are in a press or somewhat normal position to WRs. Playing soft would be fine if we could get to the qb consistently but we can’t. Playing press coverage would fine and could cause coverage sacks once in a while, but we don’t play press very often or lineup close at a wr often. I would just like to see three yards off for a whole quarter. To me, the blame falls on both DL and DB. No coverage sacks and no pressures = what we just saw. 

Lol that's been the case since Ron arrived

Our lack of pass rush also starts in the draft. They might want to put focus on guys that can rush the QB from a DL and LB position next draft, but frankly I'm just tired of Ron Rivera and his scheme/style of football. Good coaches can scheme around their issues. Ron depends too much on player production.

Archived