• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a reaction thread - Washington may very well be fired

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Semaj said:

How does Ron keep making these poor hires.  Shula was awful and now Washington is absolutely in over his head.

By just promoting the next guy in line. Washington should have never been given a DC job. I mean Shula was bad but more qualified than Washington. 

Was Washington ever even a great DL coach? Our DL has been good 1 year, 2013, and that's it. Every other year it has either sucked or just barely gotten by, never been even close to dominant outside of '13. And we've had serious fuging talent at DT and good enough players at DE. I wouldn't even demote him just get rid of his ass.

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Same. I have said since pre season having DBs 10 yards off the ball will be our doom...

This is Rivera.  Not the DC.  It's been going on since forever.  Maybe the DC has some minimal input, but it is a trademark of Rivera ball.  Remember the famous "make them systematically beat us" line after he had the DBs do the same thing up by single digits against the Bears and Cutler drover them all the way down the field with out routes to win the game?  

2 minutes ago, cheynehowell said:

Davis said this was the most talented team ever.... Bit D gives up a score every damn drive... How is that possible TD when your that talented 

He's talking about the players not coaching staff. If he said it was the best coached team then roast him. 

Lol at these people acting like Rivera doesn't know defense... Rivera may have his flaws, but he knows defense...

It reminds me of the Sopranos... Some of you just want to see somebody get whacked... and while something might need to be done, it ain't Rivera.

This team is still 6-3... the Steelers embarrassed Atlanta in Pittsburgh too... This loss sucks, but this team still has potential.

But fixing the defense is certainly necessary... And I trust Rivera to do that... Our personnel is not perfect, but the biggest issue by far is play-calling, and making a move at this point is totally justified

8 minutes ago, beastson said:

Lol the only thing coaching will do is scheme around the deficiencies, which Washington can't do. The biggest problem coming into the season was the defense and they haven't disappointed. You really expected this defense to be good? Nobody you just mentioned has played great, not even TD. Jackson has been the best player on D this season

Or just flat matchups and Washington just cant do.

2 examples tonight,

leaving a LB on a shifty Slot 10 yards off on 3rd and 5

Leaving a rookie CB on a island 1on1 witht he best WR in football with no help

Thlse guys have played well

Not sure what the heck you watched of Coleman last year to think Reid hasnt been a upgrade

Bradberry has Shut down Evans, Green, and did a good job against Julio.  This is the same Bradberry that got torched and we were 3 wideazz open drops by WRs that torched him from having 3 more Ls

TD has made a impact, just go look at the difference once he came in week 5 including a huge pass breakup in the Philly comeback on 3rd down that he wouodnt have come close to making last year.

Adams has as MORE ints this year as all of our DBs combined last year at the same point

Its coaching

You rush 3 vs the worst OL in football and Let Eli go untouched after being killed all year keeping it close

You fugging rush 2..............TWO fugging people on 3rd down and just sit there and let them rape you.

Its not talent its coaching

I don't necessarily think Rivera will fire Washington. Someone else might but I don't believe Rivera will.

But let's suppose he did, and he chose not to call the defense himself.

Have you guys thought about who might be elevated to the DC job in that case?

Consider for a moment that our previous two defensive coordinators were both secondary coaches.

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

No worries, Rivera will just tell him play soft zones with a nice mush rush.  

If thats the case how come we led the league in blitz % last season under Wilks? This isn't all on Ron..... hes not calling plays Washington's situational play calling is worse than Shula calling deep shots on 4th and inches and draw plays on 4th and 10.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

This is Rivera.  Not the DC.  It's been going on since forever.  Maybe the DC has some minimal input, but it is a trademark of Rivera ball.  Remember the famous "make them systematically beat us" line after he had the DBs do the same thing up by single digits against the Bears and Cutler drover them all the way down the field with out routes to win the game?  

His only comment about the D at halftime was that they had to stop giving up big plays over the top. No Ron, that wasn't the problem. The problem was that they did whatever they wanted whenever they wanted however they wanted and we couldn't even come close to stopping any of it. But all he saw was that we gave up some big plays, so back those DBs off!

23 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Not sure why Ron could not call the defense. It's not like Norv needs his help.

I'm honestly not sure Ron could do this anymore.  His mental capacity seems to have continually gotten worse over the years, and I'm not sure if it's related to his time as a LB or what.  There just isn't much of him in there.  Obviously would still be better than Washington, but his in-game adjustments would be essentially non-existent 

Archived