• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a reaction thread - Washington may very well be fired

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

when i saw him rush two guys on a first-half third down i realized he's garbage as a play caller.

if you do it, now's when you do it, with a week and a half to give the new coordinator reps in practice 

This...  I was like wtf?  He dropped everyone into zone 5-20 yards with 2 safeties deep...   and we got burnt for 30+ yard pass. 

Just now, Snake said:

No it did not. It's a top 12 unit in talent. This is all coaching. 

How? Where's the pass rush? Our front four in the middle is under performing especially against the run, thats not Washington fault they got terrible gap control and is just getting moved off the LOS

We got munnerlyn weak in the slot, we got a 39 year old safety and Bradberry is only good at press at less quicker bigger receivers but other than that has to play 10 off to keep everything in front of him.

1 minute ago, Jmac said:

No pass rush and lousy secondary can't be fixed this year. The Oline sucks and that can't be fixed this year. Sorry but this is just a mess and It will take longer then one draft to repair this. Coaches are suspect and the whole thing probably needs to be torn down. Twenty five years of being mediocre to just crap is enough.

Yes it can and its called playcalling. We simply have the Mike Shula of DCs now. It's why you don't promote within. 

Just now, Hun_Panthers said:

I have a hard time believing something like this would ever happen here, we are just not a franchise who makes such a quick decision during the season.

When Julio put up 300 yards on our starting CB... our CB was not demoted but straight up cut.

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Tepper is watching this from the seats of his old franchuse.

Talk about the one game I would not want to screw the pooch.

I honestly think Washington could be gone by Monday.

I'm hoping he looks a little higher up.  This poo has been a Rivera problem regardless of who the DC is.  Offense poo the bed too after the first possession...  no adjustments to blocking or scheme.  But i agree, had the defense actually slowed them down, maybe it would've given the offense time to figure out wtf Pitt was doing.  

Regardless, im hoping this is the game that will piss Tepper off enough to fire Rivera and get his own guy in here.  A loss is one thing, but this wasn't even competitive.  This looked like Alabama against a pee wee football team coached by an amoeba.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Yes it can and its called playcalling. We simply have the Mike Shula of DCs now. It's why you don't promote within. 

Thank you... we didn't just suddenly lose all our talent.

We are still 6-3.. the season is nowhere near lost

But we can't continue like this, especially on defense... the defense has shown the potential to fall apart all season, and tonight it did... 

Archived