• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a reaction thread - Washington may very well be fired

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

He wasn't great IMHO, and I wasn't sad to see him go...

Washington was a great DL coach, and obviously a lot of the guys really respect him.  But I don't think he was ready to be a DC.  I don't know what happens, but something has to change.

Rivera is a good coach overall, but to question his loyalty to guys is certainly fair.  If he doesn't fire Washington, maybe he takes over playcalling.

Tepper isn't going to do something rash, but tonight was a complete embarrassment.  If Ron doesn't take steps to address it, and we miss the playoffs after this start, then who knows.

Firing someone without a plan is stupid, and I don't know that Washington needs to be fired.  But something has to be done.  The defense has under performed most of the year, and tonight the dam broke

But tomorrow, we are still 6-3.  Just have to get better

There's just no way you can continue with Eric Washington at DC after tonight. The D has been disappointing all season but we've still managed a good record, but tonight we looked like one of the worst defenses that's ever taken the field in an NFL football game and thats honestly not an exaggeration. The Steelers could've hung 70+ on us if they wanted to do it.

This game didn’t feel like the ass whooping it was to me. Cam should have thrown the ball at Olsen’s feet. It was an unforgivable, egregious mistake. I don’t think our game plan was as bad as it shook out. Other than the boneheaded pick six, Cam looked good. Eric Washington will take the brunt of this loss but Cam was running for his life all game. It was the worst protected I have seen him in 3 years. Reminded me of the super bowl. Can’t get mad at our d coach when Cam got hit 57 times on 35 dropbacks. Did Cam have a single drop back without pressure cuz I legit don’t remember it. 

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sometimes you have to give a guy enough rope. Ron is a defensive coach and this defense sucks. If he can't fix it then it might be time for us to move on.

Agree 100% . Ron obviously shouldn't be a head coach anywhere.  He is just a "figure head" and he's good at that.  He really needs good coordinators though (like Norv).  Washington should be gone though - even if it's just a spark for the D

2 minutes ago, Montsta said:

This game didn’t feel like the ass whooping it was to me. Cam should have thrown the ball at Olsen’s feet. It was an unforgivable, egregious mistake. I don’t think our game plan was as bad as it shook out. Other than the boneheaded pick six, Cam looked good. Eric Washington will take the brunt of this loss but Cam was running for his life all game. It was the worst protected I have seen him in 3 years. Reminded me of the super bowl. Can’t get mad at our d coach when Cam got hit 57 times on 35 dropbacks. Did Cam have a single drop back without pressure cuz I legit don’t remember it. 

The OL is the millstone around his neck.. I hate it for cam.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's just no way you can continue with Eric Washington at DC after tonight. The D has been disappointing all season but we've still managed a good record, but tonight we looked like one of the worst defenses that's ever taken the field in an NFL football game and thats honestly not an exaggeration. The Steelers could've hung 70+ on us if they wanted to do it.

I'm not saying we shouldn't get rid of Washington... I  just wonder who we bring in better at this point and whether keeping him and having Ron call the plays is an option, especially if that means ceding complete control of offense to Norv.

In no way do I not think we can continue as is after this debacle

Archived