• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a reaction thread - Washington may very well be fired

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

His only comment about the D at halftime was that they had to stop giving up big plays over the top. No Ron, that wasn't the problem. The problem was that they did whatever they wanted whenever they wanted however they wanted and we couldn't even come close to stopping any of it. But all he saw was that we gave up some big plays, so back those DBs off!

You have no idea what he saw based on comments to the media. I promise you that you don't see things he doesn't.  Come back to reality.

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Or just flat matchups and Washington just cant do.

2 examples tonight,

leaving a LB on a shifty Slot 10 yards off on 3rd and 5

Leaving a rookie CB on a island 1on1 witht he best WR in football with no help

Thlse guys have played well

Not sure what the heck you watched of Coleman last year to think Reid hasnt been a upgrade

Bradberry has Shut down Evans, Green, and did a good job against Julio.  This is the same Bradberry that got torched and we were 3 wideazz open drops by WRs that torched him from having 3 more Ls

TD has made a impact, just go look at the difference once he came in week 5 including a huge pass breakup in the Philly comeback on 3rd down that he wouodnt have come close to making last year.

Adams has as MORE ints this year as all of our DBs combined last year at the same point

But what player on our roster do we have to cover a shifty slot receiver? Munnerlyn can't. If you say corn, that's not washington fault thats ron fault

I give you the 2nd

Bradberry also struggled against OBJ and Alshon bust his ass. We play him off cause he's slow. He can do well against less quicker bigger targets

And all of Adams INT came against bad quarterbacks this season. Reid might have been an upgrade, but you talking like he's playing at pro-bowl level. What we need like I said is a coach that can scheme (New England) around their defense deficiencies. We don't have that so...

7 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Lol at these people acting like Rivera doesn't know defense... Rivera may have his flaws, but he knows defense...

It reminds me of the Sopranos... Some of you just want to see somebody get whacked... and while something might need to be done, it ain't Rivera.

This team is still 6-3... the Steelers embarrassed Atlanta in Pittsburgh too... This loss sucks, but this team still has potential.

But fixing the defense is certainly necessary... And I trust Rivera to do that... Our personnel is not perfect, but the biggest issue by far is play-calling, and making a move at this point is totally justified

Atlanta did the same thing to us.  Dont let the final score deceive you...  and that was another unprepared, lackadaisical, trademark-Rivera showing.

Just now, Car123 said:

Huddle says Steve Wilkos sucked last season.

He wasn't great IMHO, and I wasn't sad to see him go...

Washington was a great DL coach, and obviously a lot of the guys really respect him.  But I don't think he was ready to be a DC.  I don't know what happens, but something has to change.

Rivera is a good coach overall, but to question his loyalty to guys is certainly fair.  If he doesn't fire Washington, maybe he takes over playcalling.

Tepper isn't going to do something rash, but tonight was a complete embarrassment.  If Ron doesn't take steps to address it, and we miss the playoffs after this start, then who knows.

Firing someone without a plan is stupid, and I don't know that Washington needs to be fired.  But something has to be done.  The defense has under performed most of the year, and tonight the dam broke

But tomorrow, we are still 6-3.  Just have to get better

I noticed with Washington D... we blitz way less and rely on front 4.  When we do blitz, blitz packages are extremely poorly designed.  The creativity from our D is completely gone and we are extremely predictable.  I don’t think it’s Ron, I think it’s 100% Washington.

7 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Huddle says Steve Wilkos sucked last season.

Steve Wilkes didnt give up 52 points in 3 Quarters while having Worley and Coleman instead of Jackson and Reid

Dont think Wilkes went 3 consecutive road games getting in 17 point deficits

Just now, ARSEN said:

I noticed with Washington D... we blitz way less and rely on front 4.  When we do blitz, blitz packages are extremely poorly designed.  The creativity from our D is completely gone and we are extremely predictable.  I don’t think it’s Ron, I think it’s 100% Washington.

Well Ron is watching everything and is doing nothing about it, so its 50-50

Archived