• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will the Real Kawaan Short Please Stand Up?

KBRed

I feel like we don’t hear Kawaan Short’s name as much as we used to. A DT is not always going to have his name called out, but he was known as a pass rusher. So, I looked into stats to let the numbers talk. These are all average per game numbers.

2018 (8 games)

Tackles: 4.60 per game 

Assisted Tackles: 0.75 per game

Sacks: 0.25 per game

2017 (16 games)

Tackles: 3.06 per game

Assisted Tackles: 1.38 per game

Sacks: 0.47 per game

2016 (16 games)

Tackles: 3.44 per game

Assisted Tackles: 1.56 per game

Sacks: 0.38 per game

2015 (16 games)

Assisted Tackles: 1.19 per game

Sacks: 0.69 per game

In Summary...Right now, based on the last three years, he’s about 133% in solo tackles...45-50% assisted tackles....35-65% sacks  

We really need his push, as our pass rush isn’t the best. So, what should we expect from him? What are your thoughts?

Good Points by PantherPhann89 and Doc Holiday. So I looked up Kyle Williams (who’s next to Star) stats to see how they changed. 

2018 (Average - 9 games)

Tackles - 1.78 per game 

Assisted - 0.56 per game

Sacks - 0.39 per game

2017 (Average - 16 games)

Tackles - 2.06 per game 

Assisted - 1.25 per game

Sacks - 0.19 per game

2016 (Average- 16 games)

Tackles - 4.0 per game 

Assisted - 1.38 per game

Sacks - 0.31 per game

So, not sure that it changes his stats too much, but Kyle Williams is not Kawaan, so...just some numbers to compare. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Nuts said:

He has underperform. You cant tell me that a guy making 16m a year through 8 games can only get you 2 sack. Hes playing a position where “sack # means a damn lot. I dont see him making plays in the backfield. I see Kyle Love more than anymore in the interior of the line. 

That fact that you got a poop from someone other than me shows you what you know. I’m not arguing silliness 

5 hours ago, KBRed said:

I feel like we don’t hear Kawaan Short’s name as much as we used to. A DT is not always going to have his name called out, but he was known as a pass rusher. So, I looked into stats to let the numbers talk. These are all average per game numbers.

2018 (8 games)

Tackles: 4.60 per game 

Assisted Tackles: 0.75 per game

Sacks: 0.25 per game

2017 (16 games)

Tackles: 3.06 per game

Assisted Tackles: 1.38 per game

Sacks: 0.47 per game

2016 (16 games)

Assisted Tackles: 1.56 per game

Sacks: 0.38 per game

2015 (16 games)

Assisted Tackles: 1.19 per game

Sacks: 0.69 per game

In Summary...Right now, based on the last three years, he’s about 133% in solo tackles...45-50% assisted tackles....35-65% sacks  

We really need his push, as our pass rush isn’t the best. So, what should we expect from him? What are your thoughts?

I think it's a combination of lack of edge rush and a drop in play from the other DT spot. Poe really hasn't made much of an impact and Butler is a rotational DT that doesn't add much in terms of pass rush. 

The DL just needs an infusion of talent and unfortunately that's not going to come this season.

Archived