• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Williams

ericr0319

11 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

Was he placed on IR lost for the season, or is he designated to return. I could not find much info about. If returning, when and where would he fit? 

You don't have to designate to return when you put someone on IR anymore. You get two get out IR free cards. We haven't used either yet as far as I know.

There is no gaurantee that DWill will be the same and I would only put out a 1 year performance base contract. It would be smart to draft an OT just in case like Screenshot_20181105-015050_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.abd6937b224e9c88884dad969d1eddbe.jpg who could be available in the 3rd.

For a future center in the 2nd round: 

Screenshot_20181105-071904_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.c0519d66d5a4672394248f7e90664e17.jpg

As much as we need a DE, I say OL, CB, S, and LB is more important. 

We can get by with Mario again for next year. Wes has been solid after a rough start and could return on a reasonabke contract. Obada will have a season under him and Cox will be a good future replacement of Wes. Haynes will be bigger to go with his speed.

Our DT is good for one more year after this and they are gelling nicely after a shaky start and adapting to a new DC/DL coach.

My concern:

Ryan Kalil is going to retire and Larsen is solid but has a short term contract. Will Larsen be better in the run game or be a liability like in the past.

DWill, will he be back to normal or be a shell of himself? 

Our OT depth is weak for next year. What if we cut or Matt Kalil retires?

For Guard, Van Roten has a short term contract and Turner is solid/pro bowler player. Depth is weak here as well. I like for us to target another OSU for the future in the later rounds like the 5th or maybe even 6th.

Screenshot_20181105-074529_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.fda86fb14609b4b17503fc4cd648641d.jpg

3 hours ago, trueblade said:

You don't have to designate to return when you put someone on IR anymore. You get two get out IR free cards. We haven't used either yet as far as I know.

I believe they have to be designated to return when ty ar paced on IR, I could be wrong

40 minutes ago, brandon_87 said:

I believe they have to be designated to return when ty ar paced on IR, I could be wrong

I wasn't sure myself, so I looked it up. Best information I could find was this article.

"The new rule modifies a 2012 reform that allowed teams to activate a single player from the IR once he’d spent at least eight weeks on the inactive list. Originally, these players had to be labeled as “designated to return” candidates at the time they were placed on IR — and the tag could only be used once. In 2016, a rule modification allowed teams to save that tag until a player was ready to take the field once more." - https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/5/23/15654976/nfl-officials-approve-rule-allow-2-players-to-return-injured-reserve-per-season

53 minutes ago, ecu88 said:

There is no gaurantee that DWill will be the same and I would only put out a 1 year performance base contract. It would be smart to draft an OT just in case like Screenshot_20181105-015050_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.abd6937b224e9c88884dad969d1eddbe.jpg who could be available in the 3rd.

For a future center in the 2nd round: 

Screenshot_20181105-071904_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.c0519d66d5a4672394248f7e90664e17.jpg

As much as we need a DE, I say OL, CB, S, and LB is more important. 

We can get by with Mario again for next year. Wes has been solid after a rough start and could return on a reasonabke contract. Obada will have a season under him and Cox will be a good future replacement of Wes. Haynes will be bigger to go with his speed.

Our DT is good for one more year after this and they are gelling nicely after a shaky start and adapting to a new DC/DL coach.

My concern:

Ryan Kalil is going to retire and Larsen is solid but has a short term contract. Will Larsen be better in the run game or be a liability like in the past.

DWill, will he be back to normal or be a shell of himself? 

Our OT depth is weak for next year. What if we cut or Matt Kalil retires?

For Guard, Van Roten has a short term contract and Turner is solid/pro bowler player. Depth is weak here as well. I like for us to target another OSU for the future in the later rounds like the 5th or maybe even 6th.

Screenshot_20181105-074529_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.fda86fb14609b4b17503fc4cd648641d.jpg

I strongly disagree. DE is our #1 need by a long shot IMO. Peppers is retiring. Mario is on the wrong side of 30 himself. Horton is a solid rotational guy but he's aging himself. Obada has shown some flashes. Everyone else is completely unproven. We absolutely need to add a young stud DE. 

I think DT is #2. Short seems to have lost a step as a pass rusher. Poe is solid, but both he and Short are nearing 30. Kyle Love is 32. Butler is a bust. Our DL is ancient by NFL standards and our scheme asks a ton out of them. We need an infusion of young talent. Those Ealy, Butler, and Hall busts really sting. We tried to add young DL talent Gettleman just swung and missed.

Archived