• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina at Pittsburgh Statistical Snapshot

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

carpit.jpg

On paper this should be a Pittsburgh win. However, the Carolina Panthers are just now hitting their stride. 

They could pull out the dub here yall. 

Obviously it is going to be tough on the road...Antonio Brown / Bradberry does not excite me.   Smith-Schuster/Jackson is going to be interesting.

They have played a tough schedule, I suppose, with games vs. Green Bay and KC--both losses.  They have already y split with Baltimore, each team winning on the road.  They struggled vs Cleveland twice and Tampa Bay, but they killed the Falcons and beat the Eagles.  Who knows?  It is the NFL--

But the Panthers are starting to look elite.  New coordinators, owner, and many new players are finding the same page.

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Obviously it is going to be tough on the road...Antonio Brown / Bradberry does not excite me.   Smith-Schuster/Jackson is going to be interesting.

They have played a tough schedule, I suppose, with games vs. Green Bay and KC--both losses.  They have already y split with Baltimore, each team winning on the road.  They struggled vs Cleveland twice and Tampa Bay, but they killed the Falcons and beat the Eagles.  Who knows?  It is the NFL--

But the Panthers are starting to look elite.  New coordinators, owner, and many new players are finding the same page.

What team are you talking about? The Steelers haven’t played GB or Philly? 

Anybody worried about this game is seeing this team half glass full. This is the same team that came back from a 17-0 deficit. This same team just beat the brakes off the number 1 defense in the league, and came out on fire against the bucs. Pittsburgh is going to catch a beat down. 

Tepp is from there, and was a minority owner. This team is going to go there and get that win for him. Also Cam and Norv are cooking. They will continue to work wonders in the kitchen, until their masterpiece of a Super Bowl dinner is ready. 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

We including preseason games in breakdowns now? Cuz they beat us down in the preseason

I think we play inspired football, Tepper had to have had a talk with the players about how badly he wants this one.

And I bet the players are probably hearing everything about how the Steelers have traditionally owned us.

I think this is the biggest game of the season after the Eagles game. We win this one I bet we ride the momentum all the way down the stretch to 12-4 or 13-3. 

2 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

We faced the number 1 defense and number 1 offense and stomped them both. Being on the road worries me, but the way Cam is playing and how we are rolling, I feel pretty good. Cam and company will be ready to play in prime time

I am hoping this is who we are.  I'd love to see us come out hot, on national TV, playing "for the Tepper" (ok, bad pun), and show out against the Steelers.

The Steelers are a very good team though, so this will be a tough game, especially for us coming off a short week.

My brother is a die hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan. All I know is whoever wins this game, the amount of poo talking will last for decades.

Quarterbacks will be labeled busts or GOAT, receivers will be labeled divas or ballers, defenses will be talked as the best ever or the joke of the NFL. 

Dear Super Cam, you better win this damn game. Our manhood for the rest of our lives depend on this win.

After a great wknd of picks was stenched by a miserable Cowboys showing last night, I started my look at the games this week and we start with a great one in Car/Pitt.

No relevant history b/w the teams...Pitt is 5-0 SU and ATS b/w franchises but last game in 2014. Car and Pitt both 5-1 SU in last 6 games. Car 4-2 ATS, Pitt 5-1 ATS so both clubs are on a roll.
Pitt opened -5.5 but down to -4 with 60% of $ on Car. 

Pitt is controlling the clock at 32min/game but passing 43pa/game so lots of check downs. Unbalanced offense at 43pass and 23run vs NFL avgs.
Car TOP is 30.5min/game. Most balanced offense for NFL team with winning record at 39% of Total Yards thru ground. 33pass and 28run.

This is a Thur game so favors Pitt home field. Shorter week does favor Car tho as Pitt is sloppier team that leads NFL in penalties/game and 8th in turnovers. Car is +8 and Pitt is -3 in turnover +/-.

The short week game will prob force Pitt to try and speed up the game thru No-huddle to exploit the lack of preparation on both teams, but the key will be the Conner rushing game. He is a big RB who can run and catch: 706yds rush and 376yds rec. Pitt wins when Conner rushes for 100yds. In 2 Pitt losses, Conner has 17 rush att for 36 yds for both entire games!
Car will need to be strong in the red zone - Pitt will make yards with AB, Juju and Conner. Roethlisberger will be tough to sack for many reasons so the outcome will be determined by Car red zone defense, and Pitt containing their TOs and penalties to maintain drives.
Car offense is rolling with great rush/pass mix on a spread out field utilizing misdirection. Cam completing better than 2/3 under Norv.
Car will need to win the TOP game in order to keep defense legs fresh - Pitt will gain yards this game so defense must have legs in red zone and 4th Qtr. Between AB, Juju and Conner, just too much talent to deal with for defense on tired legs.

This is truly and interesting game as both teams are finding identity and success at the mid-point of the season. I liked Car at +5.5 but is a tougher call at +4. For trend dudes, the last 5 Car/Pitt gamea have gone Over!

Archived