• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Runners are Receivers, Receivers are Runners, Dogs and Cats living together, Mass Hysteria!

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

On the season, Carolina has amassed 193 rushing yards by wide receivers, the most in the NFL and a franchise record. This coming only on the midpoint of the season.

Norv Turner has done erased the antiquated WR/RB designations and has turned this Carolina Panthers offense into a damn whirlwind of speed and destruction.

Yes sir!

Don't get caught up in trying to draft #1 WRs or every down backs. Just draft the best dang football player you can find!

Good OCs will figure out how to put them in positions to succeed. 

24 minutes ago, jtm said:

Wait . . . does the Huddle like Norv now because I thought everyone wanted him fired two weeks ago?

I hope that’s not true.

I was worried Norv would get frustrated and quit like he did in minny but it appears Norv has truly accepted Cams input.

Since Q4 against the Iggles we have been a diff team.

8 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I hope that’s not true.

I was worried Norv would get frustrated and quit like he did in minny but it appears Norv has truly accepted Cams input.

Since Q4 against the Iggles we have been a diff team.

It's true.

This team most certainly has its flaws and weaknesses, but the guy running the offense isn't one of them.

It's been a long time since we've been able to say that.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's true.

This team most certainly has its flaws and weaknesses, but the guy running the offense isn't one of them.

It's been a long time since we've been able to say that.

I don't think my post was very clear.  I was hoping everyone didn't want him fired.  

-Cam has said repeatedly Norv listens to him about what he likes and doesn't like.  Norv has had to reshape the entire sophisticated offense Shula put together and is now massaging it into a functional offense.  That takes time not only to develop but to implement, practice and only then execute.

1 minute ago, arbnranger said:

Wow.  First I’ve seen. 

Nice work, welcome to humanity :)

Verified

F99746DF-FB95-48A7-89D9-E00CC25DEB46.jpeg

It's not the first time. I just don't do it often.

Generally speaking, I'd rather write out a compliment than click a button. In this case, I did both.

2 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

With this young crop of talent the Panthers have and a healthy Cam in his prime with a good offensive line, plus Norv Turner running the show, you have to look at the Panthers as a team poised to be a dominant force in the NFC for the foreseeable future.

I'm not sure how long Norv will be running the show. I got the impression his main goal in Minnesota was to set up one of his kids (Scott?) to the OC and part of why he left was because Shurmur messed that up. I'd imagine a year or two here to get Scott? established and then he'd retire again.

Just now, L-TownCat said:

I don't think my post was very clear.  I was hoping everyone didn't want him fired.  

I understood. That's what I was saying. "Yes it's true that people wanted him fired." Not everyone, mind you, but there were plenty.

It was misguided.

Archived