• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte the best corner ever drafted by the Panthers ?

Jeremy Igo

I would say no right now. Give him a few years. He was responsible for the Bucs last TD. He went rogue that series by releasing his guy on 3rd and 17 and covering someone else, leaving his guy wide open for the first down catch. Then on the TD, he stopped covering his guy and went to go cover the outside WR that was already being covered by Bradberry. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The best rookie for sure, but let's calm down on crowning him the best ever. I always felt that Chris Gamble was criminally underrated. That guy was a borderline top 10 CB for a lot of years in the NFL.

Wouldn't go that far yet either - Gamble had 6 picks and 14 breakups in a time when teams weren't throwing nearly as much, meaning fewer opportunities. 

No doubt though that Jackson looks very, very promising thus far.

Yes,

But lets hope he continues beyond just this year.

Remember..........Bene was the top Rookie DB his rookie season and all the do over mocks people published had him in the 1st.  Him and Norman were a STUD duo his second year going into that Atlanta game where he broke his leg.  He never came back to his preinjury self.

But Donte is a Stud and making me eat crow where I said he was just a big raw prospect.   

Gamble is the best corner this team has ever had and I don't think it is really a debate. Josh Norman may have taken that spot if we would have retained him but 1 good season doesn't supplant Gamble.

Chris Gamble was criminally underrated.

Edit: Eric Davis was also pretty good in his 5 years here.

Archived