• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sunday/Thursday games

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

I expected us to be 6-3 after the Pittsburgh game, with losses in Atlanta, Philly, and Pittsburgh. 

Should have won the skins game, but we made up for it by unexpectedly beating the Eagles. We should put the Bucs away and the Steelers have looked vulnerable. If we can get to 7-2, it’s gonna be great for the rest of the season.

I'm with you. I had 10-6 as their final record, expecting to lose at least one game they should have won against either Washington, NY Giants or Dallas. I also had Philly as a loss, so it balanced out. I had three more losses expected after Pittsburgh (2 vs. Saints; 1 vs. either Seahawks or Falcons), so IF the Panthers can beat Pittsburgh, I would up my expectation to 11 wins.

1 hour ago, Pantha-kun said:

We should win the Sunday game vs Tampa unless we have too many turnovers.

At Steelers on Thursday night will be tough. They have an explosive offense, they are and have been uber talented at WR, QB, Oline, TE, and our defense has gotten worked by much worse offenses this season. They also get to the QB on defense. 

Brown is obviously way to fast and slippery for Bradberry, guessing D.Jackson will have to cover Brown and Bradberry on Smith-Shuster. I dont like the matchups of their offense vs our defense besides our LBs vs James Conner. 

I wouldn't expect us to win in Pittsburgh but its possible. If we handily win the turnover battle and get touchdowns instead of field goals we could win. 

Agreed.  Brown scares me.  Wouldn't be surprised if Brown has a great day, too quick and finds the open spots.  Need to rattle Big Ben and make him hesitate. 

1 hour ago, Raleigh PF said:

I'm with you. I had 10-6 as their final record, expecting to lose at least one game they should have won against either Washington, NY Giants or Dallas. I also had Philly as a loss, so it balanced out. I had three more losses expected after Pittsburgh (2 vs. Saints; 1 vs. either Seahawks or Falcons), so IF the Panthers can beat Pittsburgh, I would up my expectation to 11 wins.

My expectation all along has been 12 wins. If we can get past Pittsburgh with a win, we may get 13. No joke. The only other team I’d truly be worried about going forward would be New Orleans. And we’re gonna split with them

Am hoping this Bucs game isn’t a “trap” and the team comes out flat. Fitz is putting up crazy numbers and usually doesn’t start sucking until after a couple consecutive starts. On paper we win this game easily... but

Pittsburgh will be tough. Would love to see us win both but im not counting on it.

4 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

I expected us to be 6-3 after the Pittsburgh game, with losses in Atlanta, Philly, and Pittsburgh. 

Should have won the skins game, but we made up for it by unexpectedly beating the Eagles. We should put the Bucs away and the Steelers have looked vulnerable. If we can get to 7-2, it’s gonna be great for the rest of the season.

Same here. And I don't see us losing to the Bucs at home or winning a less meaningful game in Pitt on a short week. So 6-3 it is.

4 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

My expectation all along has been 12 wins. If we can get past Pittsburgh with a win, we may get 13. No joke. The only other team I’d truly be worried about going forward would be New Orleans. And we’re gonna split with them

I was at 11 wins. Losses to Atlanta, New Orleans, Philly, Pittsburgh, and someone like the Redskins, Lions, Seahawks, or even the Browns (in Cleveland, in Dec).  I think the Saints will stumble down the stretch and we will sweep them.  We are improving each week.

Pitt @ Pitt might be the toughest game on our schedule. 

Steelers are extremely tough in Pitt.  It it a weird thing.  Big Ben almost as like an indoor dome thing going on there only that he excels on that crap field vs away. 

Bucs game is a must win in a way IMO.  That is a win we simply have to get.  Can't lose that type game when trying to stack wins. 

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

Pitt @ Pitt might be the toughest game on our schedule. 

Steelers are extremely tough in Pitt.  It it a weird thing.  Big Ben almost as like an indoor dome thing going on there only that he excels on that crap field vs away. 

Bucs game is a must win in a way IMO.  That is a win we simply have to get.  Can't lose that type game when trying to stack wins. 

especially at home.  

Archived