• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top graded rookie wide receivers this season...

Jeremy Igo

I get holding Moore accountable for those fumbles against Washington. But honestly throwing that out at this point seems like reaching considering his performance against Philadelphia as a wide receiver. You know, the role we actually drafted him for?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see they are working him more and more into the offense. I could care less what PFF and any other rag outfits say good or bad.   

I am tossed as to whether he is seeing the field more because TS is out or it was just working him in slowly.  Either way, he is getting more opportunities.

As bad as it was for him in the Redskin game I think it was a huge learning lesson for him and he'll be as good as we hoped he would be as a #1 pick.

16 hours ago, Car123 said:

Ridley has some drops and a fumble, Moore has a couple fumbles but no drops.

Moore is less than 40 offensive yards away from Ridley.

If you include rushing yards you are correct. Ridley has 6 tds to 1 for Moore though. 

4 hours ago, jtm said:

If you include rushing yards you are correct. Ridley has 6 tds to 1 for Moore though. 

I'm understand you but tds are a team effort in no way can you use that as production being Julio hadn't scored in what a year straight but his production and impact are through the roof so I can't see using TDs. 

Edit: on top of it all if Funchess stop looking and lock up his man I think he'd of scored on the pitch he's been stoped close about three other times.

Ridley is also finishing this season at 24 years old and will be 29 years old after his 5th year option is over. Funchess and Ridley are about the same age. Moore is way younger. Give him three years to develop and I'm sure his routes will be just as crisp if not better than both of them. 

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The snap count differential between Ridley and Moore is not as dramatic as some here would lead us to believe.  42% for Moore vs 53% for Ridley.  So far, the staff seems to be doing a good job with him.

how many of each of their snaps were runs

On 10/31/2018 at 11:18 AM, Saca312 said:

I’ll probably have to make a thread on this soon, but a large part of Moore’s production has been from Norv scheming him open.

As a true WR from the X on a few snaps, his route running was...um...very sub-optimal. There’s a reason coaches want to bring him in slowly. He’s still learning the WR position as a whole.

I’m grateful Norv is using Moore’s strengths to its utmost. Moore is very productive how they’re using him. However, I understand why the Panthers have limited his snaps. Simply because, as of now, he’s limited.

Much rather would have Samuel get a large number of WR snaps. He’s far far more polished.

Yeah he can't run the full tree yet but Samuel can and that helps with bringing Moore along. I still say Ridley was the best option but Moore will be just as good next year. 

4 hours ago, Varking said:

Ridley is also finishing this season at 24 years old and will be 29 years old after his 5th year option is over. Funchess and Ridley are about the same age. Moore is way younger. Give him three years to develop and I'm sure his routes will be just as crisp if not better than both of them. 

I never really got this. Ridley is more polished at the WR position and will be better next year while we let Moore learn. After both players hit their 5th year they are going to demand a higher pay raise as well. Atlanta can walk away knowing they got 5 years out of a complete player. We will have spent 3 years developing a player to see him walk to another team polished. 

DJ Moore is a better player than Ridley, especially once the ball is in his hands. Ridley benefits from being a third option on a team that has one option(Julio) often doubled or at least rolled coverage towards. Ridley does do some thing better such as route running, but I'd take a true playmaker such as Moore, who will be by seasons end, the obviously better player. I trust Norv's evaluation on him and he definitely loved what he saw.

Archived