• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitz to start for the Bucs

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Probably worse for us for one game since Fitzpatrick seems to be better in that offense, but this is damning news for Jameis.  I don't know how they go back to him or commit to him in the future at this point.

Regardless, uncertainty at the QB position either in the short-term or long-term is good for us.  Having an unsettled QB situation for next year is a good thing.

Seems like Koetter knows he is done after this year if he doesn't make the playoffs and is grasping at straws.  This is not the move of someone who expects to there long-term.

Can't be good news for the Bucs GM either.  His whole tenure is tied to Jameis.  To basically give up on him means he's out too if they don't make playoffs.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him inactivated at some point similar to what the Skins did with RG3 years ago.  Don't let him practice, play, etc. so he doesn't get hurt. That way they don't risk being able to cleanly but ties him. 

People can poo all over Fitz, but I live in Florida and get subjected to watching Bucs games,...

the first few games,.. Fitz looked like a HOF quarterback,.. made me say... wow.

the 3 int game he forced some stuff into some ugly windows— but there was some defense from his teammates that said one was a wrong route run by the receiver, the other a receiver gave up on the play early(pulled a Benji) etc.

one thing is for sure,.. the dude is going to air raid us,..

so its an opportunity for some turnovers,....

This is a train wreck for the Bucs.  Winston had success under Lovie Smith and Lovie was fired for fear of losing Dirk Koetter.  Now Dirk has to bench Winston to keep his job.  I can't imagine there being much of a trade market for Winston and you are going nowhere with Fitz, although I personally like him.

This is what the Bucs get for going all in with a guy that has poor decision making on and off the field.  

Damn...much much much rather play Winston, no question. Fitz can have an 'on' night and pick the Panthers apart and I think the Bucs know that. An off night could be coming just as well and it's hard to guess which Fitz shows up whereas Winston has the higher ceiling but don't think he has the personality to get there for various reasons. Fitz isn't going to give up.

Archived