• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to get excited.

Jeremy Igo

I try not to get too low after a loss or too high after a win. There's always plays that swing games one way or another. The illegal procedure on the fake punt had a huge impact. The ball bounced our way and we got most of the iffy calls from the refs to go in our favor. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. It was nice to be the windshield yesterday.

One game at a time.

Let's not go sucking each other's dick just yet.  There's a lot of football to be played and although it was a good showing all around it's just one game.   The Rams and Saints are the hurdles that this team must overcome. 

Until yesterday the Panthers were struggling to put it all together.  Hopefully this last game is not an outlier but one indicative of the teams true potential.

Every team has holes and how far this Panther team goes will depend on whether they can get enough consistent pressure on the QB, and more so without having to blitz.  Otherwise it will be difficult to get past some of the teams with the high powered offenses (mainly the Saints, Rams and if they get to the Superbowl... KC) 

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

If the defense can get better on 3rd down we might have what's needed to push deep into the playoffs. 

I don't understand people saying this. The Panthers are seventh best in third down conversion percentage against this season, giving up a first down on only 35% of third downs. Only one of the teams ahead of Carolina is below 31% (Minnesota). They can get better but not much based on the averages around the rest of the league.

Football is mostly about energy, motivation and momentum. The edge is not always talent but the cohesiveness within the team and this is the ultimate team sport. We have the momentum to keep winning and the talent and experience to overcome a stumble. We are starting to put it all together at the right time in the season. Not sure if the Rams have the cohesiveness as it seems more the coach and a lot of talented players put together (so far impressive). The Saints have got lucky in a couple of their wins so I don't see a powerhouse but I see a very goo team that could be beatable. We can easily be 13-3, 12-4 this season.

We will probably win against the Bucs and keep on this roll. The Saints Dec. 13th is the test if we make the playoffs and the home game in New Orleans is the test if we will go far in the playoffs (assuming we may not get home field advantage). Not matter what, we have a competitive team and we're in every game we play and that was not always the case.

1 hour ago, Bama Panther said:

I don't understand people saying this. The Panthers are seventh best in third down conversion percentage against this season, giving up a first down on only 35% of third downs. Only one of the teams ahead of Carolina is below 31% (Minnesota). They can get better but not much based on the averages around the rest of the league.

It's not conversions but field positions. We give up 50% of 4th down conversion because we go soft on 3rd down. In the NFL right now most teams will attempt 4th & 2 or less. Like it or not it's become a 4 down league on offense and allowing chunk yards on 3rd down allows teams to convert on 4th.

Archived