• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Balls - Who get em?

Jeremy Igo

John Harbaugh: “I thought Norv Turner did a great job scheming us up, keeping us off balance. He forced us to put certain personnel groups out there and then he had counters for it. He did a tremendous job.”

0 replies6 retweets5 likes

Retweet

11 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

John Harbaugh: “I thought Norv Turner did a great job scheming us up, keeping us off balance. He forced us to put certain personnel groups out there and then he had counters for it. He did a tremendous job.”

0 replies6 retweets5 likes

Retweet

Dam I respect that, I think Norvs getting comfy with his personnel which is a bad thing for the league. Need a taste more #10 and I'll be great.

Every dang guy that stepped on that field for us today deserved a game ball. All three phases of the game saw execution by the entire team. The coaching staff from Norv, Washington, Blackburn and Rivera down to the group coaches, especially Matsko and Wharton for putting together what looked like the best O-line group we've seen in a decade or more.

And while we're talking about a great performance all around, how about:

Marty Hurney for making sure we had those guys and those coaches out there today.

This was such a complete game against a great opponent its hard for me to pick a single person.

Its hard for me to give the game ball to Cam sometimes.  I don't want to feel jaded, but I guess I get used to some of his stat lines.  And it just feels..so..generic to always give the QB a game ball.  That being said, I loved his play today. 

I also love how our OLINE has played this year.  They were such a questionable areas to start the season, and they completely are making me eat my words.  

I personally like giving game balls to players that step up outside of what they normally contribute.  For me that has to go to DJ Moore.  Especially after that game where he fumbled twice.  A bad week like that can completely destroy a rookie.  I want to see DJ Moore continuing this going forward so badly.  I know Torrey Smith will be back.  Funchess won't be as quiet.  And Moore's touches will go down.  And that is fine.  I just want to see Moore use the ones he gets.  I have no issue with having a WR group that spreads the ball around.

I have no issue with having a WR group that spreads the ball around. 

Interesting point.  A lot of teams have solid #1 WRs, (OBJ, Green, Julio, Theilen/Diggs, etc) and they get all the press, due to their individual stats ans fantasy appeal.  But the Panthers have (now, not before this year) a stable full of capable WRs, who are only now getting acclimated to Norv's new system, Cam's passing rhythms, and -- in some sense, their own capabilities potential.  IMO, that is FAR MORE difficult to defend, than say, the single weapon that other teams boast.

I'll expand on your summary of having no issue -- I think it's an advantage that will only expand for us, as the season goes on, and our varied arsenal becomes better known, and feared, throughout the league.

Archived