• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Baltimore Ravens fans are saying about the Carolina Panthers

Jeremy Igo

This week I visited the Ravens message board to get a feel for how their fans feel about the game. 

Ravens fans are giddy about Cam being on the injured list. Apparently no one has told them it is normal for him to sit out Wednesdays from here on out as the season nears mid point. 

I'm hoping it's too painful to throw the ball straight.....

Prepare for disappointment. 

Analysis:

Panthers' strengths are defensive front 7, and QB running game along with christian McCaffery catching passes. Their weaknesses are passing offense, and passing defense.

I think we match up well with Carolina. We pass well enough and can't run the ball worth jack s&%t. Our defense is still phenomenal despite what anyone else thinks. The D actually did exceptional against the Saints given the circumstances.
Defense travels. I think the Panthers are a good team but can definitely be had. 

Ravens 31
Panthers 17

I mean, this is a pretty decent take. I don't agree with the Ravens putting up 31 though. Panthers D looked much improved in Philly. 

Panthers 20-17...Christian McCaffrey and Greg Olsen will have a field day against these linebackers...other than Kenny Young. You know Norv Turner is salivating looking at the middle of the field with post patterns off play action..

I like the way this guy thinks. No argument here. 

I think that Carolina's front seven is going to cause problems for this offensive line. They will try to run the ball, but it will not work. They will try to throw deep, but won't have the time. In the second half, Harbaugh will once again lean on his defense. At which point, Cam's legs will make the difference in the game. 

Ravens 17
Panthers 20.

Sounds familiar, don't it? I think this is a very likely scenario. 

Overall the Ravens fans are pretty split as to who wins the game with no silly or outlandish predictions. Would much rather have them in our division than the numskulls down 85 south. 

I think the Ravens match up very well with us, and I'm extremely nervous about it.  Like any other game though, it all depends on which Cam Newton shows up.  Much of that has to do with how much the coaching staff is willing to open up the passing attack.

I do think we are going to have some good success running the ball.  Just a gut feeling.

I feel we are a terrible match up for the Ravens who rely on their defense to bail them out and they need the other teams defense to be soft. Eagles were a better team with better coaches and Norv didn't have a problem moving the ball. The only factor I see is the Refs screwing us out of points and ints. 

3 minutes ago, rodeo said:

with weak linebackers CMC may have a career day catching passes on shallow crosses / checkdowns.

Ideally, this is our game plan. 15 receptions are not out of the question.

I feel like the Ravens have always shared our identity of strong defense, clock control offense, and mistake free football. Their RB by committee approach hasn't worked out so well, so they are having to rely on some field stretching plays. We'll need to contain their WRs and get pressure on Flacco in order for it not to be a higher scoring game.

I think ultimately it comes down to them not being able to stop our 6-14 yard game, while we stop them enough to come out on top.

Panthers 31 - Ravens 24

I'm nervous about this game because the Ravens have the best defense of all the opponents the Panthers have faced so far. Glad this is a home game, should even things out. Made a promise to the football gods if the Panthers won the game against the Eagles that I wouldn't be negative until they had a losing record again. I have a feeling this is a higher scoring game than most think, both teams have given up big points despite a reputation for having a stingy defense.

I have a Ravens fan living next door to me, dude is the biggest a-hole walking the planet. I hope we demolish Baltimore Sunday.

Ron will have to exit his conservative comfort zone and allow Cam to run some no huddle. It’s not only good for Cam but it also keeps Baltimore from changing personnel 

I'm nervous about this game because the Ravens have the best defense of all the opponents the Panthers have faced so far. Glad this is a home game, should even things out. Made a promise to the football gods if the Panthers won the game against the Eagles that I wouldn't be negative until they had a losing record again. I have a feeling this is a higher scoring game than most think, both teams have given up big points despite a reputation for having a stingy defense.

The way they held the Aints down and they couldn't score a lot of points. If they can do that to that Aints with their D we are in for a tough game.

I have a Ravens fan living next door to me, dude is the biggest a-hole walking the planet. I hope we demolish Baltimore Sunday.

Ron will have to exit his conservative comfort zone and allow Cam to run some no huddle. It’s not only good for Cam but it also keeps Baltimore from changing personnel 

You have it easy. My son is a Pats fan as well as our neighbor across the street and my daughter is Failcons fan. I see other Panther fans from time to time but there a lot Failcons fans along with Cowpies and Steelers and I live in Ga. Worst of it all I am surrounded by Failcons lol.

You have it easy. My son is a Pats fan as well as our neighbor across the street and my daughter is Failcons fan. I see other Panther fans from time to time but there a lot Failcons fans along with Cowpies and Steelers and I live in Ga.

LOL....Dang......Disown them!!  Of all the NFL teams I hate the Pats the most!

Archived