• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest concern against Baltimore?

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

1 4th quarter means the Panthers have momentum before our next game starts? 

That's some good stuff. 

You don't think the players, and coaches, don't have a little pep in their step this week? Just think what could happen if we come out strong this week. That momentum very well could snowball into something really good.

Also, you shouldn't dismiss the confidence a win like this can give a team. So yeah, momentum plus confidence can go hand in hand.

But hey, you don't believe in this type of thing. 

11 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

My biggest concern is that we will forget how to play offense for Quarters 1-3.  And the Ravens are good enough that you just can't spot them 3 quarters.

Wasn't Philly, supposedly?

They'll only be able to score 17, tops.  We'll put up 27+.  They don't do so well on the road, as they do at home.

This team has a ton of confidence right now. If they can ride that momentum from last week? This game could get ugly for the Ravens.

Flacco can be good. But he can also be really generous. If we can get up on them. There is a good chance Joey will help our cause.

Panthers-31

Ravens-17 and their last TD is in garbage time. Otherwise, this game is not as close as the score indicates.

Abandoning the run game too soon. The Panthers have been guilty of this each of the last two weeks. This may be a game where Cam may have to run more than he has, lately.

Pass rush on D. The Panthers had a better rush in the second half last week. It needs to show up early and often this week.

I think this is the kind of game that CMC, Samuel and Cam's legs will determine the outcome.

I'd say their defensive line, but other than early in that Eagles game, no team's front seven has really bothered our offense. I think we'll be able to move the ball between the 20s, key will be finishing in the redzone. 

My biggest free is their fast guys and Flacco's big arm. This ain't your daddy's Ravens, they don't have a Ray Rice or Jamal Lewis, they are looking to protect and fling it deep. That means we need to keep our safeties deep and stuff their run with whoever is left in the box. Getting pressure with our front four will be key in this one, or beating their blitz protections, otherwise Flacco and John Brown will burn us. 

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

You don't think the players, and coaches, don't have a little pep in their step this week? Just think what could happen if we come out strong this week. That momentum very well could snowball into something really good.

Also, you shouldn't dismiss the confidence a win like this can give a team. So yeah, momentum plus confidence can go hand in hand.

But hey, you don't believe in this type of thing. 

You sure are making a lot of assumptions nowadays. 

Not sure why last weeks’ game is going to give us momentum, when the Giant game didn’t...

I honestly don’t think stoic Ron knows how to feed on momentum and that’s passed down to the team. It’s obvious with his play calls and seasons as a whole.

so my answer is RR, getting in his own way and holding the team back. If he can refrain from doing that we can beat the Ravens at home.

7 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Well...to be honest. As a fan. That is pretty much all we have. So if it is alright with you? I may just keep on keeping on.

By all means. 

And, yes, confidence is great. 

Momentum carrying over a week from 1 good 4th quarter?

Not likely. 

Hopefully they'll start eliminating their mistakes, especially early on in games. The best news, is our team isn't even close to playing their best football, and we're 4-2.

It's got to be turnovers. There's a reason a very potent Saints offense stuck with quick passes and ineffective running - they were protecting Brees. Ravens were gassed in the 4th qtr, that's when Brees and the run game finally did its damage.

Panthers will have to patiently grind it out.

11 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

By all means. 

And, yes, confidence is great. 

Momentum carrying over a week from 1 good 4th quarter?

Not likely. 

Hopefully they'll start eliminating their mistakes, especially early on in games. The best news, is our team isn't even close to playing their best football, and we're 4-2.

I guess we will have to disagree on this one. I can see the O practicing with a pep in their step, with a purpose to not let that momentum slip away. An O that is chomping at the bit to get back on the field.

So yeah, I believe that momentum can carry over from one game to another. Especially with how we won that game.

Rivera coached teams rarely beat themselves with TOs, or penalties. If the D can continue to improve, and the O can continue with their momentum. We very well can spank dat azz.

Just now, doomer said:

It's got to be turnovers. There's a reason a very potent Saints offense stuck with quick passes and ineffective running - they were protecting Brees. Ravens were gassed in the 4th qtr, that's when Brees and the run game finally did its damage.

Panthers will have to patiently grind it out.

That feeds right into our wheel-house. 

Archived