• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other than Cam Newton, who gets a game ball for the win?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, RoaringRiot said:

@Joe the Show @t96

I was sitting right below their box. i thought I got it on video but I didn’t. There’s a decent amount of them cheering on the RoaringRiot Instagram story though 

Bascially their whole box was cheering so loudly in the 4th and all the Eagles in my section were giving them the business - calling his wife and all of the other ladies all kinds of nasty names

Then the stadium played Tom Petty’s “Won’t Back Down” after our second TD (which I thought was a weird song choice) and Tepper was belting it out, which made the Eagles fans even more pissed. So they started yelling at him

Then when the game was over they were singing “nah nah nah nah” and I was high fiving them all. 

It was magical 

6B2E17A7-790F-4BF3-A937-F4353981667B.thumb.jpeg.1c54013de41c7a908b6df2d1d3e222cc.jpeg

I'd expect nothing less from a Pittsburgh guy. Clowning on stupid Eagles fans all game. Great, y'all got your Superbowl after 50+ years, cool story bro. The Eagles suck again.

3 minutes ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

Are you going to tell me that his blatant drop on the first drive (left sideline, back-shoulder throw) didn’t hamper the team? Or his drop across the middle in the third quarter (he was sliding, ball hit in in the hands and stomach) when the team needed him to step up? Cmon, man. You know damn well that no one on here scored a TD yesterday and for that to be your best retort speaks to the weakness of your argument. Yeah, he had a TD, as he should have. It fell into his arms for God’s sake! But that catch doesn’t exonerate his overall miserable performance yesterday, not even a little bit. Sorry. I think you’re way off the mark here. 

Name me a player on the team that didn't drop a pass yesterday? For that matter, was there a receiver in the league that had six or more targets and no drops/misses?

This ain't Madden man. There are opposing DBs and safeties, off target throws, wind effects and sidelines to deal with. Even the best receivers drop passes in the real world. Cheer for the catches, let the drops go, otherwise you won't enjoy a thing.

Just now, Khyber53 said:

Name me a player on the team that didn't drop a pass yesterday? For that matter, was there a receiver in the league that had six or more targets and no drops/misses?

This ain't Madden man. There are opposing DBs and safeties, off target throws, wind effects and sidelines to deal with. Even the best receivers drop passes in the real world. Cheer for the catches, let the drops go, otherwise you won't enjoy a thing.

Go ahead and give Funchess your game ball then...just don’t be shocked when he drops it. 

1 hour ago, RoaringRiot said:

@Joe the Show @t96

I was sitting right below their box. i thought I got it on video but I didn’t. There’s a decent amount of them cheering on the RoaringRiot Instagram story though 

Bascially their whole box was cheering so loudly in the 4th and all the Eagles in my section were giving them the business - calling his wife and all of the other ladies all kinds of nasty names

Then the stadium played Tom Petty’s “Won’t Back Down” after our second TD (which I thought was a weird song choice) and Tepper was belting it out, which made the Eagles fans even more pissed. So they started yelling at him

Then when the game was over they were singing “nah nah nah nah” and I was high fiving them all. 

It was magical 

6B2E17A7-790F-4BF3-A937-F4353981667B.thumb.jpeg.1c54013de41c7a908b6df2d1d3e222cc.jpeg

Tepper is a breath of fresh air and I'm glad you all made it out alive. Thanks for the inside scoop. If it was me I would have left the stadium immediately.

I'm sure some Philadelphians got locked up that evening.

17 minutes ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

Go ahead and give Funchess your game ball then...just don’t be shocked when he drops it. 

Wow, you didn't even read that original post, did you? Go back and check it. I didn't give him a game ball, just said he had some clutch catches when we needed them the most.

50 minutes ago, JARROD said:

To be fair back, I believe that’s a weird way to look at football.

plenty of teams and players come out balling early in a season, people anoint them and they fall apart.

torrey is a cheap one year deal, new system, new coordinator that’s still figuring out what our identity is on offense— and changing his play schemes to match his players.

it took a few games and now that’s happening.

thats football. I just think people watch too much college and expect this is like Ohio State playing Xavier or something 44-10 every week or you suck football,..

thats just not the NFL. Players come on mid season all the time,.. Torrey had some of his best games when it mattered most last year.

Cheap?

Torrey Smith's cap hit is almost as much as the rest of the WRs..combined.  He is the 9th highest paid Panther right now.  All I am saying is I wish it happened sooner, and it better continue happening.

14 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Cheap?

Torrey Smith's cap hit is almost as much as the rest of the WRs..combined.  He is the 9th highest paid Panther right now.  All I am saying is I wish it happened sooner, and it better continue happening.

Hey man,.. I’m cheap, you are cheap,.. they can sign us to the minimum minimum and we all good,.. deal?  

as far as Torrey— the receiver market this year got really stupid, mediocre s getting 10+ million so in that regard,.. yes he’s cheap.

Ted Ginn was cheaper but Dave sort of removed that option from us— thanks Dave for the gift that keeps on giving.

I’d like to have Nuke Hopkins for 5 million but that’s a little bit unrealistic,..ha

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Wow, you didn't even read that original post, did you? Go back and check it. I didn't give him a game ball, just said he had some clutch catches when we needed them the most.

I stand corrected. You did give the game ball(s) to other areas/players. It’s all good, man, we are rooting for the same team. I just wish we’d see more from Funchess than we typically get, especially when I see other players on other teams (like Jeffery yesterday) grabbing balls that I believe Funchess should be able to handle more consistently. 

3 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

@Joe the Show @t96

It was magical 

fuging awesome dude, wish I could've been at that game instead of the Skins last week. 

Archived