• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Eagles Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

TBQH Philly fans have gotten a lot more respectable IMHO in the past few years.

The principal of my kids' school is an Eagles fan transplant, and he's a good dude.

I helped coach my oldest son's basketball team last year and had some help from another dad who was a Philly fan. He was cool.

I used to work with a Eagles fan, and he was down to earth and cool when talking football, etc.

I was pulling for them to get that Owl last year, and am glad they did for those guys, and for the rest of that that fan base.

As long as the ones in attendance keep it up like the online ones seem to have so far, I think it'll be a good game from a sportsmanship standpoint.

Hopefully we're making adjustments this week and we'll finally gel and keep it close. Otherwise, I think Philly wins this one by at least 10.

7 minutes ago, Mikey818 said:

Well it’s not a dis Every player has their pros and cons Cam has many great qualities. Sometimes he will try to make a throw to a guy  that’s covered rather than hitting the open guy. For example 80% of the time cmc can beat a linebacker yet cam will often ignore the easy completion and try to thread it in to smith or another covered guy 

I know it seems like that a lot of the time. But to be fair. Cam can only read so much of the field at one time. If he is reading the right half of the field, he won't see Moore open on the left side. Cam has to throw it to where he sees. We as fans, sometimes forget how much Cam goes through before he releases the ball.

7 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Bit desperate eh? Anyone that has read my posts here should be intelligent enough to know that I was in no way denying other players their impact on the game. The statement was about what we had to overcome just to have a chance to steal that road victory. Historically with the Panthers under Rivera, for the team to overcome a deficit, Cam has to put the offense on his back.

Just earlier in the thread you made it quite clear that Cam lost us the game because he came up short. If you put the loss on his shoulders, how can you deny him this?

I did not put the loss on Cam. All I did was point out he came up short at the end of the game. Which he did. 

I love that one. "Anyone that has read my posts here should be intelligent enough to know" You have got to be kidding me. You are either praising Cam, or dissing on the fan base for not praising Cam. You never praise any players, or coaches. It is all Cam with you.

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

Actively questioning the football intelligence of the player who was the only reason the team crawled back into the game in the first place.

Ugly.

I don't know if that was directed at me and if so, I never questioned his intelligence and said he is likely still picking up the offense.  This is perfectly normal for a QB in a new system.  

People bash Gaulden or Reid for being out of position and how come we don't hear the "questioning someone's intelligence" rants for these players?  People need to chill out when it comes to comments about Cam.  

1 hour ago, jtm said:

I don't know if that was directed at me and if so, I never questioned his intelligence and said he is likely still picking up the offense.  This is perfectly normal for a QB in a new system.  

People bash Gaulden or Reid for being out of position and how come we don't hear the "questioning someone's intelligence" rants for these players?  People need to chill out when it comes to comments about Cam.  

You hurdlers should listen to the”kist and solak” radio show where they analyze the panther offense. They basically say that the big weaknesses is our inability to use our speedsters on deep throws and cams inability to perform when pressured. They are predicting a blowout.

Last weeks game against the skins actually reminded me a bit of the 2017 Eagles game. If not for stupid mistakes, we win that game. The week after, we followed it up with more turnovers against the bears. 

I think we put together a more complete game this week and pull out a win.

6 hours ago, BrianS said:

You know, I've been thinking about this whole CMC / CJ thing.  To an extent, I understand the line of thought that says CMC can run between the tackles.  However, I have come to think that perhaps we just aren't asking the right question.

I think a more appropriate question hearkens back to the years of DeAngelo and Jonathon in their heyday.  It wasn't that D'Will "couldn't" run between the tackles, because he could.  However, we tended to ask him to stretch outside more.  Inverse with Stew.

Shouldn't we instead be asking "Why would we run CMC between the tackles?" . . . we employ a guy who is clearly better at that particular piece of the running game.  Why not use him there?  Again, yes, we need to give CMC some runs between the tackles just so we aren't as predictable . . . but giving CJ a number of touches between the tackles would benefit us with more yards and better 2nd and 3rd down situations.

Instead of 2nd and 8 we get 2nd and 6.  Instead of 3rd and 7 we have 3rd and 2.

Why are we asking whether CMC can run between the tackles.  Instead, we really need to ask should CMC run between the tackles.

Cmac would absolutely obliterate defenses in a zone or stretch run scheme. 

We aren’t fully realizing his potential with the read option nonsense. 

Cmac needs to be on the field 95% of the plays but that doesn’t necessarily mean he has to be at running back for all of them. I’d split him out wide, with Cam under center, and then hand the ball off to CJ or attack the safety/linebacker covering Cmac. 

Came to read what Eagles fans were saying, stayed for the hubby vs Red argument.

My scorecard has it at 9-10, 10-9, 10-9, 10-9 (felt this could go either way but had to give it to hubby since Red went on the defense towards the end of the round, but he landed some solid shots), 10-8 (big knockdown scored), 10-9.

59-54 Hubby atm who has been grinding him out against the cage. Red has unquestionable cardio with night night hands. Will have to see if age has caught up with hubby's gas tank or if Red can find an answer for the veteran wiles.

Other judges, what say you?

1 minute ago, Icege said:

Came to read what Eagles fans were saying, stayed for the hubby vs Red argument.

My scorecard has it at 9-10, 10-9, 10-9, 10-9 (felt this could go either way but had to give it to hubby since Red went on the defense towards the end of the round, but he landed some solid shots), 10-8 (big knockdown scored), 10-9.

59-54 Hubby atm who has been grinding him out against the cage. Red has unquestionable cardio with night night hands. Will have to see if age has caught up with hubby's gas tank or if Red can find an answer for the veteran wiles.

Other judges, what say you?

I say you've been watching a lot of UFC lately.

13 minutes ago, Icege said:

Since their first event when it was essentially the kumite from Bloodsport but without Chong Li and a coked up JVD :3

I saw some of those old events.

Also saw a movie where Bolo Yeung played the hero but probably only spoke five lines through the whole thing. Billy Zabka was in that one too.

1 minute ago, Pandora's Box said:

Good....but brick not hit back...

Very good...but brick not hit back.

16 minutes ago, Icege said:

Since their first event when it was essentially the kumite from Bloodsport but without Chong Li and a coked up JVD :3

Unfortunately UFC has fallen to big money and storylines just like every other sport. You will never see a belt holder like Anderson Silva basically obliterate his competitors and sit on the belt for years again. 

Archived