• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Eagles Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

Lot's of folks  wondering where the deep ball went. 

Really a head scratcher - I would think 1 -2 bombs to Samuel a game would be the norm.  I'll even take one to Smith and maybe we'll get lucky and he'll catch it.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Forgot about Samuel.  That is another.  Like I said, we just recently got the talent to hopefully solve the problem. 

Funchess can make big catches.  May comment was specifically about YAC ability with the ball in there hands.  Had been non-existent really during the entire Rivera era until this season.  

Which is CRAZY in terms of why we aren't making sure Samuel and Moore get X number of targets each game.  They are the first with the ability and have already done electrifying things we have seen in YEARS despite the literally handful of chances. 

Someone needs to knock on Norv's door and get a good answer for this. We have 3 kids that can do damage with the ball in their hands. 1 of them is getting looks, the other 2? Not so much. Inquiring minds and all that.

3 minutes ago, jtm said:

Really a head scratcher - I would think 1 -2 bombs to Samuel a game would be the norm.  I'll even take one to Smith and maybe we'll get lucky and he'll catch it.  

There are plays where Samuel is open, and Cam doesn't even look at him. Same with Moore. I know Cam can only read so much of the field at a time. But man, seeing Samuel, or Moore wide open gets the juices flowing. 

Something is wrong here. Is it Cam, is it Norv, is it practicing in the rain? 

3 hours ago, TheRed said:

The comment about the Panthers running game, and finding the right fit for a QB like Cam is one that definitely has some relevancy. In the second season of a top 10 draft pick we need to start getting a consistent return out of our run game outside of Cam Newton, or we need to switch up the offense.

I honestly think we need to start thinking about abandoning the Air Coryell system completely.  We have seen this offense run at its peak just 1 time (2015) in Cams career.  A new system might do wonders for everyone.

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

There are plays where Samuel is open, and Cam doesn't even look at him. Same with Moore. I know Cam can only read so much of the field at a time. But man, seeing Samuel, or Moore wide open gets the juices flowing. 

Cams judgement about who to throw to is not the best imo 

9 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I think Cam is still picking up Norv's offense.  We've seen him over the years improve at going through his progressions and he seems to be locking onto one receiver more this year than in the past. 

Hopefully this improves as he gets more familiar with Norv's offense.  I know Cam joked about Greg having to decode Norv's plays in the huddle and there is probably some truth in this statement.  

25 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

There is always a great mystery to plays.  Take for example, the last series vs the Redskins.  We don't know the playcalls.  So we don't know if on those plays the endzone shots were the first  and primary read on the call and if Cam took them or if he just freelances on plays and turns the route he wants into the first read. 

All I know is....Norv needs lots of plays where the primary reads are Moore and Samuel and they got to enforce Cam going through the right read. 

I also don't think Cam is the problem.  That last series just baffles me last week.  As did the disappearance in of opportunities for Samuel. 

18 minutes ago, coralreefer_1 said:

How dare you. Dont you know its racist to be objective about the faults of Cam?

I try to be objective about qualities of a particular player and stay away from stereotypes. I don’t dismiss black quarterbacks or white running backs I focus on their performance not their color tx

12 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Actively questioning the football intelligence of the player who was the only reason the team crawled back into the game in the first place.

Ugly.

Ladies and Gentlemen. The Red. Lump everyone together. Nevermind that someone had to block, or catch those passes. Cam did it all by his lonesome. Sad

10 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You are going to have to explain what you mean here. Because the way you state this sound more like a dis than a critique.

Well it’s not a dis Every player has their pros and cons Cam has many great qualities. Sometimes he will try to make a throw to a guy  that’s covered rather than hitting the open guy. For example 80% of the time cmc can beat a linebacker yet cam will often ignore the easy completion and try to thread it in to smith or another covered guy 

12 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen. The Red. Lump everyone together. Nevermind that someone had to block, or catch those passes. Cam did it all by his lonesome. Sad

Bit desperate eh? Anyone that has read my posts here should be intelligent enough to know that I was in no way denying other players their impact on the game. The statement was about what we had to overcome just to have a chance to steal that road victory. Historically with the Panthers under Rivera, for the team to overcome a deficit, Cam has to put the offense on his back.

Just earlier in the thread you made it quite clear that Cam lost us the game because he came up short. If you put the loss on his shoulders, how can you deny him this?

Archived