• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Eagles Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

I infiltrated their official board. I bring to you their thoughts on the upcoming match.

I see them as a similar team to the Titans. Good defense, mobile QB who can make plays out of nothing but struggles to consistently make the easy plays. However, I do feel like McCaffery is a guy we gotta zero in on so I give them the edge over the Titans. But we're playing at home where we play so much better defensively so long as it's not against Cousins.

Sounds right. CMC is so much to this offense, focusing on him would be smart. Or, just double Manhertz. Either way.

I think Cam is much better than Mariota. 

Cam is a good QB who clearly has proven that he can win in this league with the right talent around him. However, it doesn't seem like the Panthers are putting the right talent around him. Cam was at his best when they had a heavy rushing attack with Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. Now they have McCaffery who isn't the same kind of north/south back. I don't know football well enough to say what exactly the issue is, but I don't think McCaffery is a) untilized correctly in that offense or b) is the right type of RB for a QB like Cam Newton. That offense also needs to get DJ Moore more involved. 

On a side note, I think McCaffery would be best as a slot receiver. No, not because he's white, I thought the same of Reggie Bush. 

Carolina's defense also seems to be on the steady decline. 

Yes, Cam is much better than Marcus. And yes, the defense does seem to be in a steady decline this season.

This is going to be a tough game. Carolina are no pushovers despite not being good. 

I mean, the Panthers are 3-2. I am not sure you can say they aren't good.

It depends which CAR team shows up and which Eagles team shows up Sunday, but on paper we seem to have the advantage.

This is correct on all accounts.

Dammit, I hate it when I agree with so many opposing fans.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wentz did pretty well against us at a time when our defense was playing a lot better than they are now.

That's a big concern for me this Sunday.

This is a low expectations game for me. I am expecting a bad loss. A tight loss would be a moral victory. A win would get me excited.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This is a low expectations game for me. I am expecting a bad loss. A tight loss would be a moral victory. A win would get me excited.

I can agree with that outlook.

I'm hoping this is not one of those seasons where we win the games were expected to lose but lose the ones we should win.

The comment about the Panthers running game, and finding the right fit for a QB like Cam is one that definitely has some relevancy. In the second season of a top 10 draft pick we need to start getting a consistent return out of our run game outside of Cam Newton, or we need to switch up the offense.

They are a lot more reasonable than most teams fans. 

I agree with most of it. I do think part of the problem is CMC isnt being used properly, but the Panthers havent had a heavy rushing attack to help Cam in years. Cam IS the heavy rushing attack. His back probably hurts from carrying this offense for 8 years. 

3 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

They are a lot more reasonable than most teams fans. 

I agree with most of it. I do think part of the problem is CMC isnt being used properly, but the Panthers havent had a heavy rushing attack to help Cam in years. Cam IS the heavy rushing attack. His back probably hurts from carrying this offense for 8 years. 

You sure you aren't an Aints fan because that is how their fans talk.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wentz did pretty well against us at a time when our defense was playing a lot better than they are now.

That's a big concern for me this Sunday.

This is true but imo we only lost bc Luke went out start of the second quarter iirc. And their offense was much much more explosive so it should even out they've lost some fire power offensively.

Archived