• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just two of Curtis Samuel’s 3 snaps...

Saca312

Torrey Smith had a good game, but that doesn't excuse not getting Samuel more snaps.

Sunday was as disappointed as I have been in Rivera in a long time- I have been a bigger supporter than most on this board.

That being said, the not going for it on 4th and inches at the start of the game sent the wrong message.  In today's NFL, you got to be super aggressive.

Rivera has also got to consider taking over defensive play calling from Washington.  The defense has not looked right all year.

Sunday was a bad loss.  We need a good game this Sunday, and it starts from coaching down.  We looked like a team that was playing not to lose from the start.

46 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

You guys really think Rivera is figuring out the offense substitution patterns on the fly?

My guess is that if Rivera thinks Samuel needs more PT, he will talk to Norv behind closed doors and let him know about it.  He's not going to rip into him during the game or publicly or through a press conference.

Everyone likes to pile on Rivera, but he is a delegator, not a micro-manager.  If you guys have ever had a boss, you will know the difference and prefer the former.

That’s an interesting point, and you’re right, I’d prefer a delegator, a boss who asks his assistants for advice or let’s them make the calls. What if they do though and he overrules them? Norv is a great offensive mind, surely he sees the value in Samuel. I’m not saying this is what is happening but it’s an idea.

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

On another note: You can see that the more Chris Clark plays the more his limitations are showing up.

Matt Kalil cant come back soon enough 

All seriousness this actually is pretty accurate.

Clark has sucked a good bit. Not sure if he's an upgrade as many are speculating.

12 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

On another note: You can see that the more Chris Clark plays the more his limitations are showing up.

Matt Kalil cant come back soon enough 

Not sure about wishing for Kalil to come back but Clark has been struggling pretty hard the last couple games.

The thing about Clark and Kalil is they are bad in different ways. Clark gives up pressure pretty consistently but he doesn’t just get outright beat so it doesn’t lead to Cam getting sacked. Kalil on the other hand blocks well most of the time but gets absolutely torched 3-4 times a game which leads to Cam getting blasted and killing drives.

I think I’d prefer the consistent pressure without sacks rather than the drive killing sacks. Kalil also gets way more holding penalties.

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

Not sure about wishing for Kalil to come back but Clark has been struggling pretty hard the last couple games.

The thing about Clark and Kalil is they are bad in different ways. Clark gives up pressure pretty consistently but he doesn’t just get outright beat so it doesn’t lead to Cam getting sacked. Kalil on the other hand blocks well most of the time but gets absolutely torched 3-4 times a game which leads to Cam getting blasted and killing drives.

I think I’d prefer the consistent pressure without sacks rather than the drive killing sacks. Kalil also gets way more holding penalties.

lol

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Curtis Samuel is definitely a deep threat, but I think you're selling him short if you think about him as just a deep threat. 

He's also one of those guys who can take a shorter pass and run a long way with it. If you question that, just go back a few weeks to the play where he was channeling DeShaun Foster.

In my total opinion, he has all the traits to be one of the best wide receivers in this league. 

His greatest asset - ironically enough - has been route running. He's one of the better receivers I've seen at beating his man at the line and using his jukes and cuts efficiently and quickly. He knows how to gain enough depth and fool a defense on a double move/fake while having plenty of speed and control to gain separation.

He's an all around complete receiver. When the Panthers start seeing that, I think he could truly be a special player for us and in this league.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Curtis Samuel is definitely a deep threat, but I think you're selling him short if you think about him as just a deep threat. 

He's also one of those guys who can take a shorter pass and run a long way with it. If you question that, just go back a few weeks to the play where he was channeling DeShaun Foster.

I have a really hard time seeing "situation and scheme" keeping a guy like that off the field.

Wow, blast from the past, was for a couple seasons a seriously crazy sight to watch,.. until he wasn’t. 

Samuel not seeing the field and getting opportunities has to have a reason— I’m dying to know what that is,..

ropa dope? Save him until he’s the last component to open up late in the season?

doghouse? He pissed in Rons corn flakes?

secretly has the yips in practice and makes Torrey look like Nuke Hopkins?

inquiring minds want to know,.. there has to be some logical reason besides Ron is just a dumbass, a has the dumbass disease, and has infected Norv and Washington and Cam with it?

10 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Wow, blast from the past, was for a couple seasons a seriously crazy sight to watch,.. until he wasn’t. 

Samuel not seeing the field and getting opportunities has to have a reason— I’m dying to know what that is,..

ropa dope? Save him until he’s the last component to open up late in the season?

doghouse? He pissed in Rons corn flakes?

secretly has the yips in practice and makes Torrey look like Nuke Hopkins?

inquiring minds want to know,.. there has to be some logical reason besides Ron is just a dumbass, a has the dumbass disease, and has infected Norv and Washington and Cam with it?

He got really winded against the Giants. There was an article about how he was running sprints after practice to get back in game shape since I’m sure he wasn’t really allowed to do anything that elevated his heart rate after he had the procedure.

Due to that the coaches likely pared down the number of personnel sets he was a part of. Then when we got down big early, the whole game plan went out the window and the playcalls almost all came from 11 personnel which Curtis wasn’t in for this game.

The plan was probably for 10-15 to ease him into game shape but that got all screwed. Would have like to see it get adjusted when the game plan got tossed but it didn’t happen.

5 hours ago, TNPanther said:

I think that something disciplinary had to be in play here. Late for a team meeting, not wearing a tie, etc., and Ron just doesn’t want the media to make a huge deal out of it.

i will say though, that sort of think reeks of Butch Jones. I’m surprised Ron didn’t say Samuel had some sort of “lower extremity” injury.

Same. Which is just so fuginh stupid. I don’t care if CS punched me in the face before the game, he needs to be on the fuging field. You don’t score points for having the most guys show up on time who gives af

2 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Same. Which is just so fuginh stupid. I don’t care if CS punched me in the face before the game, he needs to be on the fuging field. You don’t score points for having the most guys show up on time who gives af

Man, is there any reason your felt the need to put all those fugs in that post? I mean, c'mon man. Try and keep it somewhat civilized. 

Archived