• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watched coach's film of the Panthers offense against Redskins.

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Not sure why Torrey Smith is on the team. Cam doesn't target him. He was more open on the interception and Cam never looked his way. Forced the ball to Funchess deep.

Full field reads on long developing plays are rare. Cam reads the Funchess half liking the matchup. Had Cam’s arm not been hit, would’ve been a TD.

I don’t understand why they don’t allow Cam to operate out of the hurry-up. He seems to have better rhythm and feel for the game.. but hey, when your name is Ron Rivera and you have an explosive weapon like Samuel on the bench doing nothing you must know what you’re doing 

5 hours ago, trueblade said:

3 and out on the first offensive possession:

• Dallas: No
  • Atlanta: No
  • Cinci: Yes
  • NYG:  Yes
  • Redskins: No

Only 2 games we went 3 and out on our first drive.

If wouldn't shock me if we go 3 and out against the Eagles. Norv/Ron test the run game on the first possession. It's predictably stuffed and we don't convert a 3rd and long.

You know most offenses have like a first 15 play game scprit they follow to see how defenses react and what there looks are so they can attack weaknesses they see?

its not because they like to go three and out. They develop a game plan during the week and test it out early and make adjustments accordingly 

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Watched the NFL Gamepass coach's film of the offensive reps. Here are a few takeaways...

Not sure why Torrey Smith is on the team. Cam doesn't target him. He was more open on the interception and Cam never looked his way. Forced the ball to Funchess deep.

The read option was played against well by the Redskins. I feel the Panthers went to the well far too many times. A few times a game , sure, but the read option should not be your primary running look. For God sakes put Armah in and run an I-formation once in a while. 

Greg Olsen has not improved at blocking. More than one negative or 1 yard runs were his fault.

Curtis Samuel was on the bench as we threw a bubble screen to Chris Manhertz. What the actual fug.

Sign a deep threat, use the slowest guy we have as our deep threat ... Sounds about right lol FML 

8 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Yep I saw that also with Torrey, but Funchess did had his guy beat

The redskins didn’t get a lot of sacks but Cam was under constant pressure, even on that last drive he was throwing in a muddy pocket 

Most of the QBs in the NFL are.

Why is the oline always the fallback for this forum? They’re doing fine and did exceptionally well the last two games. I guess we need to find reasons right.

11 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Watched the NFL Gamepass coach's film of the offensive reps. Here are a few takeaways...

The read option was played against well by the Redskins. I feel the Panthers went to the well far too many times. A few times a game , sure, but the read option should not be your primary running look. For God sakes put Armah in and run an I-formation once in a while. 

Greg Olsen has not improved at blocking. More than one negative or 1 yard runs were his fault.

Curtis Samuel was on the bench as we threw a bubble screen to Chris Manhertz. What the actual fug.

Ol' Third legs return netted the lowest rushing total since IAN/MAN Crush blocking tandem was broken up. Is a hobbling Olsen worth it? I love the guy but feel Ian was getting some valuable reps in Olsen's place. You can clearly see that Olsen does not cut out of his routes as sharp. I wish the staff let him stay out a bit longer to heal for the last quarter of the season. 

12 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This!!  Every time they run the option I yell at the game. For the few times it works it seams like it doesn’t way more.  

7 hours ago, Lumps said:

Most of the QBs in the NFL are.

Why is the oline always the fallback for this forum? They’re doing fine and did exceptionally well the last two games. I guess we need to find reasons right.

What fallback? saying the truth is fallback?

Archived