• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watched coach's film of the Panthers offense against Redskins.

Jeremy Igo

Watched the NFL Gamepass coach's film of the offensive reps. Here are a few takeaways...

Not sure why Torrey Smith is on the team. Cam doesn't target him. He was more open on the interception and Cam never looked his way. Forced the ball to Funchess deep.

The read option was played against well by the Redskins. I feel the Panthers went to the well far too many times. A few times a game , sure, but the read option should not be your primary running look. For God sakes put Armah in and run an I-formation once in a while. 

Greg Olsen has not improved at blocking. More than one negative or 1 yard runs were his fault.

Curtis Samuel was on the bench as we threw a bubble screen to Chris Manhertz. What the actual fug.

11 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Curtis Samuel was on the bench as we threw a bubble screen to Chris Manhertz. What the actual fug.

This bothers me the most. We have a real weapon sitting on the bench.  I'm losing faith in Norv and Rivera.

I would like to see Cam in practice throwing deep balls to his receivers to see if his deep ball really has a problem or not,..

like has his shoulder fully recovered or are we trying to mask a problem—

the yips? It’s common after a shoulder injury.

I have no idea why you would ever throw a screen pass to Chris Manhertz when you have CMC, Samuel, Moore, and Byrd on the roster. Hell, even CJ took a screen to the house earlier this year. Screens should go to YAC guys. Literally all of the yardage you're going to get out of a screen pass is going to be YAC.

According to Rivera, Funchess ran a double move and had a couple of steps on Norman, had the QB shoulder not been hit could have been a TD. 

I would have agreed with your conclusion about Torrey Smith, until I watched the second to last drive. It seems that Cam is very comfortable with targeting Torrey on comeback and crossing routes. 

Curtis Samuel only playing 3 snaps is criminal. He can make things happen and I thought the coaches recognized that after he broke 5 tackles on 1 play. He also was able to get consistent separation on the outside against both Giants CBs.

Chris Manhertz should not be playing over Ian Thomas. Ian Thomas can block as well. Yes he will make mistakes but he will at least show up on the defenders radar. Manhertz is a self check. 

We give Defenses a break when we don't put our best personnel on the field. 

20 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

According to Rivera, Funchess ran a double move and had a couple of steps on Norman, had the QB shoulder not been hit could have been a TD. 

I would have agreed with your conclusion about Torrey Smith, until I watched the second to last drive. It seems that Cam is very comfortable with targeting Torrey on comeback and crossing routes. 

Curtis Samuel only playing 3 snaps is criminal. He can make things happen and I thought the coaches recognized that after he broke 5 tackles on 1 play. He also was able to get consistent separation on the outside against both Giants CBs.

Chris Manhertz should not be playing over Ian Thomas. Ian Thomas can block as well. Yes he will make mistakes but he will at least show up on the defenders radar. Manhertz is a self check. 

We give Defenses a break when we don't put our best personnel on the field. 

Torrey hate is to get the Huddlers riled up, he was by far the 2nd best receiver vs Redskins.

Archived