• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are 3-2 without yet hitting their stride

Jeremy Igo

Freaking out, declaring the season over or calling for firing everyone after five games (with a 3-2 record) just makes me think of the old saying, "a coward dies 1,000 deaths but a brave man only one." Every danged week from here on out you're going to be screaming like kindergartners on a Spooky Woods overnighter. 

Get a grip.

We're in it, with a chance up until the team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs or suffers a loss in those playoffs. Neither of those things has happened (or will) so grow up, root for your team or find another bandwagon to jump on. You'll be happier and the rest of us will have a much better time.

Week 10 or 11, that's a better time to evaluate this team. Right now, we've got some bumps in the road but we're still moving forward. This narrative that RR and crew are just sitting around working out new ways to lose or keep your favorite guy off the field is just asinine, so stop whining. 

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Freaking out, declaring the season over or calling for firing everyone after five games (with a 3-2 record) just makes me think of the old saying, "a coward dies 1,000 deaths but a brave man only one." Every danged week from here on out you're going to be screaming like kindergartners on a Spooky Woods overnighter. 

Get a grip.

We're in it, with a chance up until the team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs or suffers a loss in those playoffs. Neither of those things has happened (or will) so grow up, root for your team or find another bandwagon to jump on. You'll be happier and the rest of us will have a much better time.

Week 10 or 11, that's a better time to evaluate this team. Right now, we've got some bumps in the road but we're still moving forward. This narrative that RR and crew are just sitting around working out new ways to lose or keep your favorite guy off the field is just asinine, so stop whining. 

The best thing to do is wait till season is done and let Tepper do his thing on who to get rid of and who he wants to keep.

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

We played them three times in the last month of last season. This team is no different than last year and they are no different either. The refs will give them the game in the dome. 

It's a different season. Vegas makes a killing off people like you. If you would like to take me up on bet, please advise; otherwise, I'll pull this thread up in a few months when I end up being right. I'm tired of people on this board making absolute statements, especially when its a low statistical probability. 

Just now, USC/panthers_11 said:

It's a different season. Vegas makes a killing off people like you. If you would like to take me up on bet, please advise; otherwise, I'll pull this thread up in a few months when I end up being right. I'm tired of people on this board making absolute statements, especially when its a low statistical probability. 

Hope i'm wrong and yeah i have a hatred for Vegas but feel free. Was already right about the defense and having to score 40-50 a game to win.

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

Well let's talk about those 2 bad fumbles then.

I think what we should be asking ourselves is why are our special teams under Ron Rivera continually either a complete dumpster fire or just serviceable or capable of making a few decent plays once in a blue moon?

Whether it was Moore, Ginn, or for some insane reason, Brenton Bersin, whoever. We've had the unfortunate circumstance of being witness to just flat out dumb plays on special teams from the Panthers. There have been some bright spots occasionally. But much of the time we found ourselves holding our breath on special teams how often over the years? Right. We're talking through multiple players. At what point do you look at the coaching track record?

I know we've got a new defensive coordinator so that can explain some of these inconsistencies in our defense at the moment. But we've kept promoting from within on special teams so if we haven't been able to figure out how to put our players in a position to succeed there yet then I don't know what to tell you. That to me sounds like coaching.

poo it goes back further than that, Foxy's special teams were garbage too

4 minutes ago, trueblade said:

You don't remember the 2003 game against the Bucs? ST were awesome that day.

I remember when we played the Eagles during the regular season on our way to our '03 Super Bowl run and we lost by 9. Kasay missed three FGs and an XP. Unbelievably terrible day from a great kicker.

6 hours ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

What’s with the positive takes?

This is the Huddle. The Panthers lost.  

Go buy your bread and milk!  Lock your doors and start doing mock drafts!  We’re DOOMED!!!

I have a capital idea! The site can be renamed "The Carolina Chicken Littles", because the sky is always falling. 

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Ok, so everyone here knows I am fairly quick to take a pessimistic view of the team. 

I'm just not there yet. I am actually encouraged.

Two new coordinators. New offensive line. Clearly this team is not yet gelling.

Yet, they are 3-2 and completely in the mix. 

This team will get stronger as the season goes on. I really feel this team is playoff caliber.

Exactly 

5 hours ago, Mage said:

If playoffs started today, we’d be in.  Some people just choose to expect undefeated every season it feels like.

I literally predict undefeated every year. However, now I am forced to predict 14-2 from this point in the season.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I remember when we played the Eagles during the regular season on our way to our '03 Super Bowl run and we lost by 9. Kasay missed three FGs and an XP. Unbelievably terrible day from a great kicker.

Bro, I’m a pretty big fan of a few sports and a super fan of a couple. I’m still amazed people can remember specifics like that, from many years ago. 

We have a few people like that on Huddle. Good stuff.

PS- An old quote from my parents is apropos:

“If you spent as much time on your grades as you did baseball cards or Bruce Lee trivia you would be a genius”

True, but some things are more important than money.  :shades:

Archived