• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are 3-2 without yet hitting their stride

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Which no name eagles running back will gash the panthers on Sunday? I haven’t heard Nelson Agohlar’s name in a while - he is due for a big game. Panthers are just what the doctor ordered. 

That’s always been our theme. Someone’s coming out party

I agree with Igo. The teams is basically new with an almost rebuild offseason. New system and OC, new OC who never called a game before and a new STC in Chase. Massive injuries along the O-line, TD out 4 games, Olsen misses 3.5 games, Samuel misses 3 and Reid is just learning. 

The  fact we almost pulled out Atl and Washington is better then being blown out with no shot. I am very optimistic and you don't fire a 2 time Coach of the Year, especially how he guided this organization through some rough waters earlier this year with JR. 

A win in Philly is a start but not the end all be all. Just need to win 3 to 4 road games and all of our home games.

https://youtu.be/PnIaqAsnSxU

watching other teams play and some win in the 4th qtr, reminded  me how plodding and inefficient this team is offensively. And it’s more than the play calls

Lollygaggers  

Lazy As an Offensive Unit, Lazy in getting to the line    Lazy in getting the call in. lazy in running routes.  Lazy in getting back to the Huddle   Stupid is Funchess celebrating his first down catch with time ticking instead of getting back to the huddle.  

They need their asses kicked,  slowest to the line when urgency is needed over and over and over again  every single year under Rivera, insert the OC name and with the field general  disagree, go back and look at any end of half or any end of game in any year under Rivera

Inefficiency abounds over and over and over again    What they do in practice every day is beyond me.

Defense cannot change age or players or coordinators or the philosophy of that defense during season   I ask myself, how many times, in how many games will opposing teams run agaimst the right de and the right tackle before that sieve is fixed, how many?  Not to worry, the other teams will keep doing it until they can’t so Eric Washington will have plenty of opportunity to fix it as he will see it every week before he does 

I had my homer glasses in until Sunday  Now I see a team that will be lucky to finish second in their division...and I do mean lucky

Collectively, they do stupid things with situational football   A team can win when it’s riddled with injuries   A team can win when it is young or old   A team cannot win when it is stupid in situational football 

I sincerely hope am wrong 

Just now, HornetsSting said:

0 chance we beat NO. Falcons yes, will beat them at home.

Correct.  Pencil in at BARE MINIMUM three more losses for this season.  In truth, though, I think Pittsburgh is all but a guaranteed loss.  Best case scenario we finish 10-6.  

Anything better than that is a miracle.

2 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Correct.  Pencil in at BARE MINIMUM three more losses for this season.  In truth, though, I think Pittsburgh is all but a guaranteed loss.  Best case scenario we finish 10-6.  

Ok then. I’ll bet you(or anyone) posting rights on the MNF game against the Saints on 12/17. Since it’s a guarantee, should be no problem. 

45 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

pittsburgh dropping 40 on us wouldn't shock me.  after the eagles we're getting the ravens at home (let's not kid ourselves though it's going to be baltimore south at BoA) who look very tough outside of that egg they laid against the browns.  the bucs are imploding and that looks like the only likely win out of the next four.

We always play like hot garbage at the beginning of the season and whether or not we manage to scratch out a couple of sketchy wins usually determines whether we got to the playoffs or not.  History shows we are a second half team, both as a microcosm in game, and for the season as a whole. At least we're not one of those teams that start out 4-0 or 6-0 just to end up 7-9 I guess.

1 hour ago, HornetsSting said:

0 chance we beat NO. Falcons yes, will beat them at home.

0 chance, really? You have no clue what you're talking about. Do you want to wager on that? We play them twice in the last 3 weeks of the season (13 days apart on 12/17 and 12/30). From a probability standpoint, its much more likely we split the games. Let me know on that bet. 

Tight end Greg Olsen has always had a way of being able to put anything and everything regarding this team in perspective.

And perspective can be hard to come by in the NFL. One week can feel like you’re on top of the world. The next week criticism could be coming in from all angles.

“You have one team (Los Angeles Rams) that’s undefeated, and everybody else is sort of where we are. If we won yesterday, we’d have the second-best record in the NFL. Now we lose, and all of a sudden the world is coming to the end,” Olsen said. “That’s this world. You can’t get so wrapped up in it. You have to take each week for what it is – one week is not 16 weeks.

“We would have loved to have won (at Washington); we would have loved to have won the last five games. But we didn’t. You just have to keep rolling. We’ll be good.”

Only two teams in the NFC have a better record than the Panthers, the Rams at 6-0 and the Saints at 4-1. Four teams, including Carolina, are 3-2.

https://www.panthers.com/news/greg-olsen-puts-some-things-in-perspective

Archived