• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Three.

Jeremy Igo

You will almost never win games where you turn the ball over 3 times and don't generate any turnovers with your defense either. 

Its kinda impressive we were in a position to win at the end despite shitting the bed in the first half of the game. But still frustrating loss.

I think that game is totally different without the DJ Moore turnovers and Rivera punting on 4th and 1 to kill our momentum early.

4 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

I got curious and looked it up on PFR this am.  Since 2011 there have been 340 games where a team had a -3 turnover differential or worse. 16 wins. 

So 95%+ of the time a team in our situation has lost since 2011.  It happens. It would have been awesome to pull out the best Panthers 4th qtr comeback ever. Thought we were going to do it...

I understand that it wouldn't be typical to win a game like this - but it's just embarrassing that we lost to this iteration of the Redskins. They were playing on a short week, without their most explosive playmaker (Chris Thompson), their most consistent WR (Crowder) a questionable until game-time Paul Richardson who on his best day is a #3 receiver, a 46 year old (give or take a few years) running back who had shoulder and leg injuries, etc.

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

Don't let the fumbles fool you.  We don't need to be complaining about Moore doing punts or playing.   Dude needs to be on the field as much as possible.   He is a true game changer. 

But yeah, Samuel needs way more snaps and opportunities.  They don't need to come out of Moore's snaps.  They need to come out of all the other guys' snaps. 

Easy prediction.  Smith will get WAY too many snaps vs the Eagles.   His 2 plays this week were 100% playcall.  100%.  Any WR on the field for us would have been open for those plays.    

Moore definitely changed the game yesterday :(

I know Rivera tends to be cautious with rookies. The reluctance to play Samuel could be due to injury concerns, but all of us understood he was healthy at this point.

Beyond that, I'm baffled.

3 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Is that how many snaps CJ Anderson has had since he signed here?

I get CJ not being used much this game.  I mean did CMC even have a carry in the 2nd and 3rd quarters?  We just were not running the ball with anyone.   

But Norv needs a double HB shotgun set of plays.   With CMC and Anderson.  Not sure why we don't have that.  I mean CMC essentially could motion out to be a WR, the run some zone read/pitch stuff, etc. 

Archived