• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam had a 93.2 passer rating yesterday

Jeremy Igo

13 hours ago, FugAllY'all said:

Remember before the season when Norv talked about eliminating the valleys and peaks in Cam's play? Well, I think we're seeing exactly that, he hasn't played badly in any game but we also haven't seen that explosive 4 TD performance we see from time to time. The goal now is the raise the floor to where he's explosive every game while still taking care of the ball.

That’s actually a really good point. I haven’t even thought about that. Still early in the season tho

Washington is the new Shula,..

going from Wilks to Washington,..

”it’s MegaMaid sir,... she’s gone from suck,.. to blow”

Tepper to Washington— “ you idiot I said send a pass rush up their nose, not around it”

Tepper notices Washington is cross eyed—“ this guy is an asshole,.. but who made him DC?”

Ron— “ I did sir, he’s my cousin,..” Tepper notices Ron is cross eyed.

Tepper “ how many assholes do we have on this ship?” 

Ron and company “ here sir”

Tepper— ” keep losing assholes”

Tepper Can now clean house,.. Doctor Evil style.

That is all,..

18 hours ago, Toomers said:

We lost a “pick em” game with a -3 in TO differential. 

Every team in the NFL has glaring issues except the Rams, at this point. And even their DEF has questions. You want DJ Moore on the field. Deal with the growing pains. 

But 90% of the fan base wants to blow it up right now. For whatever reason supports the agenda. Two weeks ago, the same team was going all the way. CMC was the best RB in football. Hurney was awesome. Norv was a genius. According to many of the same people jumping overboard. 

The internet gives the uninformed and mentally weak a voice. This is the result. 

Well said.

I try to stay away from this site after a loss. A loss always brings out the morons, idiots, and morons. Also the idiots 

39 minutes ago, Billy_T said:

If 2015 as a season was a 10 on a scale of 1-to-10 for Cam....

....how would you rate 2016, 2017, and 2018 so far?

2016 IMO, was Cam's toughest year. With all the adversity he dealt with, he had a pretty good year. We went 6-10, and only lost one of them by more than 6 points. Considering the team he had. That was at least an 8. I mean, was Cam ever really healthy that year? The dude was a damm warrior.

Last year? Cam started off slow, then got better as the season wore on. He got healthy, learned how to use McC, all while living without Olsen for most of the year. With no running attack, and a sub par WR group. He had him a very solid year. All things considered. A solid 9..

This year.Outside those last 3 throws, I'd give him a solid 9. Would love to know the actual thinking behind that series of plays.

Cam is not perfect. I have always admitted that fact. Most Panther fans are probably able to say that. Hellz, I was in the take Darieus, and suck for Luck crowd. But Hotdamm if the kid ain't gone and fooled me. 

The Panthers not only have them a Franchise QB. They have the QB that revolutionized the NFL. Look at all these teams letting their QBs try and do the things Cam does. They would not be here if it were not for Cam.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:28 AM, jtm said:

Cam’s poor execution of the two minute offense is a problem. I have zero trust that he can put together a game winning drive in the last couple minutes without Gano kicking a record field goal. 

Except he did. Had the D not giving up points and while allowing the racial slurs to run the clock on their last drive, then Cam had the offense in position to tie the game and go into OT. The defense couldn’t get off the field all day long. 

2 hours ago, Billy_T said:

Good stuff, thanks for your reply.

Out of curiosity, do you think Matt Ryan is a HOF QB?  How about Alex Smith?

I think Ryan probably has a good shot. He has a poo ton of yards, and TDs. With no sign of slowing down. By the time he retires, he will be near the top on both of those. So yeah, he probably makes it.

As for Smith. That is a tough one. He has a great Comp.%, and his TDs to Ints is also good. But it is well known he is a check down artist. Think Tyrod Taylor with better accuracy. He has won some games, but does have a bad Playoff record. If I had to say, I would say. Good QB, but not HOF material.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:43 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Considering there was zero run game to speak of, that ain't too shabby.

At this point, I feel the defense should be scrutinized much more than the offense. It used to be 17 points was a win in Carolina. Those days are long gone.

It's sad you don't really see this game was on the offense.

So our defense,  holds the Redskins to 24 points on the road after the team turns it over 3 times and the game is on the defense who was on the field the entire time?

It used to be 17 points was a win for Carolina because all the Panthers ever did was invest in the defense in the draft. Now all of a sudden the Panthers invest in the offense like the fans have been wanting, our D is no longer an elite top 5 winning games for us and they're the reason to blame?

The offense has been heavily invested in the past 2-3 years and should be putting up 30+ points a game winning games for us, not the defense. 24 points on the road after 3 turnovers is unacceptable to you? But the issue isn't the offense its the coaches who still think the way you do, that we have a defense that should be winning us games despite the lack of attention the Panther's have put on investing in them due to needing an offense.

It's the coaching not realizing you can't invest the draft into the offense and still have a top 5 elite defense that will win the game for you. It just doesn't work like that. The offense should have won that game for us.

Panther fans have been spoiled by a great defense for so long that when gears are switching to a high powered offense they don't even realize it. Ron is part of that crowd and the issue. He's still playing like the defense should be winning games for us but drafting players like he is capable to utilizing high powered offensive players.

Cam is one player on the offense who screwed up the last drive and/but his passer rating is not indicative of how the entire offense played.

2 minutes ago, Lumps said:

So our defense holds the Redskins on the road to 24 points on the road after the offense turns it over 3 times and the game is on the defense who was on the field the entire time?

It used to be 17 points was a win for Carolina because all the Panthers ever did was invest in the defense in the draft. Now all of a sudden the Panthers invest in the offense like the fans have been wanting, our D is no longer an elite top 5 winning games for us and they're the reason to blame?

The offense has been heavily invested in the past 2-3 years and should be putting up 30+ points a game winning games for us, not the defense. 24 points on the road after 3 turnovers is unacceptable to you? But the issue isn't the offense its the coaches who still think the way you do, that we have a defense that should be winning us games despite the lack of attention the Panther's have put on investing in them due to needing an offense.

It's the coaching not realizing you can't invest the draft into the offense and still have a top 5 elite defense that will win the game for you. It just doesn't work like that. The offense should have won that game for us.

Panther fans have been spoiled by a great defense for so long that when gears are switching to a high powered offense they don't even realize it. Ron is part of that crowd and the issue. He's still playing like the defense should be winning games for us but drafting players like he is capable to utilizing high powered offensive players.

The issue is that our investments into the defense in the draft have been busts and luxury picks that have basically been backups. Butler sucks and is a backup. Ealy was a bust. Shaq is mediocre and a part time player due to TD and Luke. Bradberry has been very good but Worley is a bust. Daeshon Hall is a bust. In Gettleman’s last 4 draft he used 6 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks on defense and only 1 of them is a good starter. 3 aren’t even on the team anymore. 1 is a backup and a bust and 1 is just a decent LB. You can’t miss that badly on your top picks and still have a good defense.

9 hours ago, Lumps said:

So our defense,  holds the Redskins to 24 points on the road after the team turns it over 3 times and the game is on the defense who was on the field the entire time?

Cam is one player on the offense who screwed up the last drive and/but his passer rating is not indicative of how the entire offense played.

Last yr was the only time offense was drafted. CMC Samuel Dj ,Moton, Williams,Thomas. Bradberry, Worley, Butler, Shaq,   I mean out of all the defensive players we have invested in we should be a very good defense really hitting the peak but now we are just as bad as the offense which has to get settled in. Rivera should have learned his lesson from just promoting from within. He didnt even attempt to interview others. Wasting talent while his coaches practice in coaching is a waste of the players.

Archived