• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam had a 93.2 passer rating yesterday

Jeremy Igo

This just goes to show how hard it is to win the in the NFL.  A few things bounce our way in NY, we win.  A few against us, we lose.  Could we have played better?  Yes, but we didn't.  Cam shouldn't have had to try to win it in the end, but he has led us to many last moment victories.  They can't all be lack second wins.

This just raises the stakes against Philly.  That would be a GREAT time to make a statement with a win.

Just now, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

i was wondering the exact same thing.  it sure as hell looked like it would have been overturned on replay review if the panthers would have recovered.

This is really why people are tired of Rivera.   Dude is just clueless at gameday.    He's a TERRIBLE game-day coach and things like challenges, the clock, substitutions, and adjustments are just foreign to him.    Even if you lose that challenge, who cares at that point, it's worth it.

Meanwhile last game we'll use a challenge on 10 yards in the first quarter....

15 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Brady’s choked away games too. Some against us. It’s ok to call a spade a spade sometimes.

Cam missed throws that would’ve won us the game. I believe it’s only the second or third time in his eight-plus-year career that it’s happened. 

Not only that, Brady missed wide open guys too. Every qb does, it just seem when Cam does everyone loses their minds. Cam has won us plenty of games, this one sucks for sure, but it wasn’t all on him and we will bounce back. If we lose next week, we will be in trouble.

12 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Why didn't Rivera challenge that that was an incomplete pass and not a fumble which led to them having an easier field goal?

I’d like to see the replay again bc watching it live, it looked like he caught it while it was still in the air. I may be wrong though.

47 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

Doesn’t matter, Cam blew the chance to win the game with terrible decision making in the end.

You see what Brady did in the last minute. 

Great game wasn't it?  But, forget Brady, that's comparing to the GOAT.

Compare instead to Mahomes - a second year player.  Mahomes just went to Foxboro and hung a 40 spot on Coach Hoodie.  That is some seriously impressive QB play.

Cam played well yesterday against what may be a fairly good defense.  Cam also made some seriously bad decisions in the last two minutes.  These two statements are not mutually exclusive, they can both be true.  And in fact, I think they are both true.

Some of this needs to fall on whomever is relaying the plays in to Cam - whether it's Norv or Scott - whoever.  Someone needs to be in Cam's ear on 3rd down telling him "Hey, we have plenty of clock and plenty of timeouts, get the first down."

I'm not sure how you can argue that a lack of a run game is the issue. We had the ball 3x in the 2nd half and we scored 11 points by using a vertical pass game. Norv went with what was working.

Points of our turnovers are what lost this game, but not being able to stop two 96 y/o players in AP and Vernon didn't help matters either.

56 minutes ago, jtm said:

How about the other throws he air mailed on the last drive...refs fault too? Or missing a wide open Greg Olsen?

If you are talking about that throw to Funch, then Olsen was NOT wide open. No idea why the announcers said he was, dude was covered. He wasn't exasperated because he didn't get the ball, he was exasperated because he was looking for a flag for Funchess. 

There's no getting around the fact that ultimately Cam wasn't able to get it done for the win at the end. We know this. We saw it.

But if your first instinct after a hard fought loss is to start up this "can Cam win though"? bullshit again that I thought had been settled in 2015 while this team sits at 3-1, we simply don't need you. Kindly find a new team.

Archived