• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't panic. This happens every year.

Jeremy Igo

15 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

You understand that this is because Ron "Run the ball (lol), play defense (lol), and win the time of possession battle" Rivera prioritizes ball possession over being dynamic and scoring, right?

Ergo, what you described above is the Ron Rivera GAME PLAN.

At least until said game plan yet again puts us in a hole and then Ron has to throw it out and pull out his SAVE ME CAM! game plan again (where we start moving the ball and scoring). 

Ah don't worry, I know risk adverse Ron is to blame, I just didn't go down that route and point fingers, instead explaining why I am bothered by our loss. Add that with the fact that we might lose Olsen, TD and R Kalil to retirement this year, I am just as annoyed that other fans don't want to see the change needed for a team so full of talent to succeed.

2 hours ago, Megadeth said:

Ah don't worry, I know risk adverse Ron is to blame, I just didn't go down that route and point fingers, instead explaining why I am bothered by our loss. Add that with the fact that we might lose Olsen, TD and R Kalil to retirement this year, I am just as annoyed that other fans don't want to see the change needed for a team so full of talent to succeed.

Davis has given some indications that he doesn't want to retire. Specifically, he doesn't want his final season to be marred by a four-game suspension.

In the past, he's indicated that he would never play for any team but the Panthers.

I don't think that's true anymore.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Davis has given some indications that he doesn't want to retire. Specifically, he doesn't want his final season to be marred by a four-game suspension.

In the past, he's indicated that he would never play for any team but the Panthers.

I don't think that's true anymore.

Woahhh what?

You think TD would suit up for another team now because of his suspension?

What gives you that impression?

On 10/15/2018 at 1:43 AM, LegioX said:

Why should it be the norm we poo the bed every year in a game? Bad coaching, that's why.

How are two crucial rookie fumbles and an interception because the line broke down a coaching issue?

If we would have gotten blown out than maybe you could say the coach couldn't keep the team up. Through it all we fought back and you can bet every Skins fans butts were puckering up on that final drive.

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

How are two crucial rookie fumbles and an interception because the line broke down a coaching issue?

Because (1) the Panthers only needed *one* score to win the game and (2) the head coach chose to flush two offensive possessions down the toilet because he's a damn football coward. 

So, instead of one desperate no-other-options opportunity to score with time running out in the game, we could have had THREE opportunities.  But Ron Rivera decided he didn't need three, he only wanted one.  And that one opportunity ended up failing.

So, yeah, coaching issue.

3 hours ago, mjligon said:

Woahhh what?

You think TD would suit up for another team now because of his suspension?

What gives you that impression?

The Observer had an article about Davis not wanting to retire a while back. Others picked it up as well. So far though, the Panthers have only been willing to offer him through this year.

I'm not the first to speculate that he could wind up playing somewhere else. Pretty sure it's actually been discussed on this forum before.

On 10/14/2018 at 6:13 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

Everyone knows we poo the bed in a total and complete way every season. 

Let us just hope it is only once this season. 

Big win coming next week!

I have been here since day 1 this franchise started!! Not about to jump ship!! I love this team thick and thin!! It’s the young pups that don’t understand patience and it’s not easy to win.. People forget Jacksonville started the same year as us!! Record wise and playoffs we way out class Jacksonville!! .. didn’t mean to quote u.. just didn’t want to retype this

Archived