• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't panic. This happens every year.

Jeremy Igo

Nope...  after yesterday, I'm officially apathetic.  Yes, Rivera does this at least once every year, but we've already done it three times this year - Atlanta, NYG, and yesterday.  The defense sucks, Eric Washington is worse, and Rivera is THE WORST.  Before yesterday, I still wanted Rivera fired but figured it was best to wait until the season was over...  after the aforementioned three games that we didn't show up for, I've had enough.  I hope Tepper cans his ass ASAP...  the season, if we're somehow able to salvage it, will be a macrocosm of these games - having to play catch up in the last quarter because we fuged around and screwed up easy poo that we shouldn't have.  That's the most frustrating part...

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Nope...  after yesterday, I'm officially apathetic.  Yes, Rivera does this at least once every year, but we've already done it three times this year - Atlanta, NYG, and yesterday.  The defense sucks, Eric Washington is worse, and Rivera is THE WORST.  Before yesterday, I still wanted Rivera fired but figured it was best to wait until the season was over...  after the aforementioned three games that we didn't show up for, I've had enough.  I hope Tepper cans his ass ASAP...  the season, if we're somehow able to salvage it, will be a macrocosm of these games - having to play catch up in the last quarter because we fuged around and screwed up easy poo that we shouldn't have.  That's the most frustrating part...

How long ago was it when RR had his contract extended

12 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Not sure what Atlanta has done this season to lead you to believe they are a good team... 

Not to mention they had just lost their two best defenders AND lost a safety in-game due to a cheap shot he took on Cam.  We also contained Julio and still lost.  Atlanta sucks, and they absolutely dominated us.

Here's why "Don't Panic" is a good title for this thread:

DESPITE  ALL of these things being true --

1) not going for it on 4th and 1, first series;

2) Moore's 3 costly mistakes;

3) Samuels only getting 3 snaps;

4) questionable (!) play selection on the last 3 passes, with TO's and only 5 yds to go for a 1st;

5) Defense again allowing too many 3rd conversions, to an inferior team;

6) any other hot take blame one can think of -----

WE STILL ALMOST PULLED OUT THE WIN.

Here are 6 counter-thoughts which might yield some optimism to offset the sky is falling, fire all the coaches, Cam choked rhetoric:

1) Thomas Davis and Greg Olsen are back, survived the game, and played well. We can only do better with them in the lineup;

2) Washington got the crap beat out of them the previous week, showed nothing, and had all their fans screaming for Gruden's head.  Yet they rebounded with spirit, and eked out a win over a better team.  We can (and have many times in the past,) do the same.  Pro teams have pride, and tend to bounce back from tough losses;

3) Moore will learn how to protect the ball.  He is a rookie, but he is not stupid.  As Olsen said after the game, "The only guys who don't make mistakes are the ones who don't play."  The coaches and Cam showed him they still had confidence in him, after his gaffes.  He'll respond to that;

4) Despite being down 17, the team didn't quit, and was one play away at the end to overcoming that deficit;

5) Miss Penny, the sky is NOT falling.  To read a lot of reactions, we have a losing record, and there goes the season, Rivera's on the hot seat, etc.  To the contrary, we're 3-2, and only TWO teams in the Conference have a better record than that, to date.

6) We lost a game.  Crap happens. You clean it up.

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

The Panthers have never come back from an 11 point or more deficit in the 4th Q.

At what point did you assume that we would lose the game?  When we were down 14?  17?

Is there any part of this Ron Rivera coached team that leads you to believe that we can compete in a shootout?

Ron is far too set in his ways to compete in todays NFL, game in and game out.  Do you guys really think that we can stop the Saints or the Rams?  Of if we can't stop them, be able to score to keep up?

We are now entering the Packers fans arena.  A team talented enough to win, but being held back by a dinosaur of a head coach that does just enough to keep his job every year....but we don't have a trophy to look at longingly.

When I heard this yesterday, I knew it was time to get rid of Ron.

This  stuff happens.   2003 , a Super Bowl year,   we're 5-0  and Tennessee is coming in.. we're big favorites ..  we have the worst game ever..  17-37  ,, fumbled kick offs,,  everything went wrong..

We finished  11-5 ..  lost 3 in a row in late Nov/Dec ,,  still  we were  11-5..

Games like this happen..  We can still be a very good playoff team.. ( super bowl , yes )

Some of you need to step back and drink the kool aid and enjoy this team more..

2015 just doesn't happen  to a team very often

Archived